Oil pressure for the 22re

toyotajunk2

I was wondering what kind of oil pressure I should be getting on my 22re engine. RIght now it never goes above the 1/4 line on the gauge. I know they are not accurate. BUt I can't help but think I need a new one cause I cannot get rid of the valve chatter. If anyone has any other suggestions on the valve chatter let me know. Thanks guys!

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
toyotajunk2 said:
I was wondering what kind of oil pressure I should be getting on my 22re engine. RIght now it never goes above the 1/4 line on the gauge. I know they are not accurate. BUt I can't help but think I need a new one cause I cannot get rid of the valve chatter. If anyone has any other suggestions on the valve chatter let me know. Thanks guys!

Stock toyota gauges suck, I had the same problem,I put a mechanical oil gauge in and everything was fine.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
00harpdawg said:
did you have a lot of valve chatter that you could not get rid of before you switched to the mechanical?

Thought I had a lot of valve noise. But it turned out to be a missing timing chain guide.

fjcruisin

00harpdawg said:
did you have a lot of valve chatter that you could not get rid of before you switched to the mechanical?
Changing guages won't change your valve chatter......Toyota motors tend to do that. My F, 2F, 22RE motors have all had valve/lifter noise. Unless it is VERY bad, I wouldn't worry about it.