Old School Rock Crawl 2012 feeler

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
So This may be a little early to be asking but i have started my preparing and building my Rig for the next Old School Rock Crawl in 2012! So I was wondering who else is planning on competeing in may? Also what are you doing to prepare your rig?

Im adding 4.7 gears to my transfercase, longarm three link in the rear and Alcan Leafs up Front, as well as twin stick shifters for my new gear driven case and some tube work around my front.:greg:

iamsparticus

Ill be rock'n osrc with my beat down buggy, no upgrades this year other than rebuilding the smashed section of my cage.

Glad to hear your fixing that part of the cage it looked a little scary if it hit there again

I'll be back hopefully with twice the horsepower!

Twice the horsepower! You getting rid of the sweet 302 or just building it with a blower and high compression?

iamsparticus

I'll be there with a new Vortec 350 and 700r4.

Sweet that should be nice, what is the first gear ratio on your tranny, i know you can get a 3.06 first in the 700r4, which is nice since my a340h only has a 2.85 first, oh and what will your final crawl ratio be now?

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
Ill be competing this year in my new buggy. I have 42in irocs now but will most likley put a set of 39" stickies on to compete in and keep the 42 for the trails.

iamsparticus

Ill be competing this year in my new buggy. I have 42in irocs now but will most likley put a set of 39" stickies on to compete in and keep the 42 for the trails.

So what was your old buggy? i dont know if i saw you but im sure i did.

So is that it noone else is planning on going?

maveric

Crawler Collecter
We are currently planning on being there. Probably wont run in Aug if there is another event though, we are planning a trip to the Rubicon. But we are down for May.
Same old beat up ftoy. My only upgrades will maybe be a different front driveline. The old one hits the bellhousing, and makes horrible noises. Maybe new skins and paint if I can get motivated.

Anyone have a date yet? Need to schedule my vacation time.
Delta_Rock_Crawl25Large.jpg

zukijames

I'll be there in my little zuk hopefully by then I'll have 5 times the horse power and some fj80 axles 110-112 wb so I'll be to long but it will still be fun

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
So what was your old buggy? i dont know if i saw you but im sure i did.

So is that it noone else is planning on going?

I did not have a Buggy Before. I was meaning I will be competing this year in the new buggy I just got.
This is my Dad driving it down in Moab a few months ago
b9380c53.jpg

17bc188b.jpg

eb0821d1.jpg

304fd991.jpg

Last edited:

Bart

Planning on being there for both events. Hopefully competing, but not sure what class my mods will put me in. We'll see.