Old School Rock Crawl 5-14-11

RamIt

There was some AMAZING driving displayed. Some of the racing was down right incredible! I cant believe the grand cherokee broke a panhard mount and kept it on course and dang near passed and won! It was AWESOME!!!

The rock race course was a blast! Tyler did a hell of a job chasing me down at the end with his front axle walking all over on him. I had contact with my tie rod into my steering box, so I opted to not launch over the gap jump, and of course Tyler took that opportunity to try to pass me at the last second. I didn't know how close I came to losing to my younger bro until I saw the pics after. Unfortunately on my 2nd run I blew my passenger front tire on the back of the matterhorn and ran the whole course completely flat. Not that I would have stood a chance against the Beach buggy anyway ;)

This was my first OSRC and I'll definitely be back! Thanks to all involved in putting on such a great event!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
One time.. In delta.. The u4 president was riding a mini bike at our camp..

hahah I had a great time, injury included. It's part of what is so much fun about that event: the hanging out after, with a bunch of people you know.

The rock race was pretty cool. Bob B got beat off the line and made up time by rocketing up the big wall, front wheels hovering about an inch off the wall the entire way up, and then JUST barely squeezed Broc (who wasn't sure he was even going to go! I bet he's glad he did though!) out of the line to take the lead, then hammered it over to the next obstacle. It was awesome! Robby's spare tire flying out of the back of the truck on the backside of the same big wall was pretty funny, too.

Can't forget Carl Nielsen taking the line I was standing on, either, making me run for it hahah... I figured no one would be going that far left hahah

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
The delta events have been, by far, my favorite events over the years, Tacoma you are 100% right, hanging out after with good people, and good friends makes it that much more fun. Also going from competing in werock to delta it's nice looking around at all the competitors and everyone so laid back and smiling, it doesn't matter who wins, it's just a lot of fun :D

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Thanks Bart for helping me out of the runner when it rolled and thanks for posting some pics i have to get mine down loaded and on here all in good time. For those that werent there on my third obstacle #6 i rolled hard off of the hill and it broke the windshield and crushed part of the roof in, i couldnt compete after that because the windshield is part of the structure and it made it un-safe but i judgeed all saturday and had a blast. My wife spotted for me and she did a great job.

The OSRC was a super awesome event i cant wait to compete in august, thanks craig again for all that you did for me and for the great event

I also would like to thank all the nice people that offered help when i rolled, i couldnt believe how great everyone at the event was. I also would like to thanks Ken garff for towing my rig home and sarge and his wife for giving us a ride home to ogden

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I will say that I think the temper tantrum from the tuff country utv pilot was absolutely uncalled for. If you can't drive, you can't drive; but just accept it and move on.

meh it's racing, you can't expect everyone to be happy they lost. You should have watched after he got out of the car. He was high five'ing and hugging the kid that beat him. I don't think there was any hard feelings.

Tish the Dish. well...

Tacoma: that was Skylar's vortec TJ. not Broc's beast in the rock race. Man that thing has a lot of motor! he smoked me off the line.

Broc: thanks for letting me use your welder!

Anyone want to find me some tires that hold air?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Also going from competing in werock to delta it's nice looking around at all the competitors and everyone so laid back and smiling, it doesn't matter who wins, it's just a lot of fun :D

Agreed! Although I still don't mind watching Nicole Johnson cuss up a storm in all of her hottness behind the wheel. :greg:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
meh it's racing, you can't expect everyone to be happy they lost. You should have watched after he got out of the car. He was high five'ing and hugging the kid that beat him. I don't think there was any hard feelings.

I did miss that last part, of him in good spirits. Regardless, there is no room for speeding through areas other than a live course.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Its fine that he is pissed. Doesnt have to be a flippin moron because of it tho. If a kid would have jumped out in front of him or anything like that.......it would have gotten ugly and I dont mean only for the kid.

First surgically implanted UTV in mans a$$

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I guess I missed the jovial ending too... we were all sitting there laughing as he was tossing off his helmet and beating his hands on the steering wheel.

"But dad... you said..."
:D

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
does anyone else have some more pics?

6f5f2a1a.jpg

I like this shot of toto..
580a856f.jpg

b4b4b06c.mp4

f041a834.mp4

RamIt

Did you just say "flying fresh honey" Way to gay up this awesome thread. :cody:

hahaha! It's funny AND true! I think my favorite part of Rob's rock cross was when he hit the last rock obstacle and bounced straight back like 3 feet, leaving a nice hole in the cement. The whole weekend was super fun to watch.