Old School Rock Crawling 2009

Bart

Excellent video and editing. Love it.

I sure hope this event gets changed to any other weekend than May 15th/16th. I want/need to be there.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Sweet video... Funny that the first time you see Robby he's being fished off the course with a crane.. haha

If you supply a second camera, I will gladly take more video for you so you can get shots of everyone's action.. :)

-Jason

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Go easy on him, I think that crane (AKA forklift) fished just about everyone out of a tight spot at one point or another.

I hope this year is even more fun than last year, and may the good weather gods shine down on us. I think I'll be camping out right at the site since they have such a large open space to do so.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Crane like forklift.. not really though..

Was a great time last year FOR SURE. I love the purpose of this event, bringing great people together to support the land use issues in this great state!!

VideoRunner

Better Quality Videos

Here is the link to better quality videos if anyone is interested. One is in Flash (flv) format and the other is in .avi format. The flash file is much smaller.

http://www.edtechsupport.net/gis/don/delta/

Old School Rock Crawl Better Quality Videos

To video tape a competition like this you really need 6 to 8 cameras running and a full time job after the action to edit all of the video. Sami, if you want to take some video I try to come up with another camera.

Day two is still in process. I'm going to try to finish it this weekend.:D

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Craig S

Commando
Don has done a great job on these videos! It was cool to look at the footage and remember the great time I had at the competition with all the voluntiers and competitors.
Thanks Don!

VideoRunner

Rock Crawl

Craig, you're welcome! I'm sorry it has taken me this long to get them completed. I'm looking forward to this year's event and maybe you might let me do it again.
:)

Hey, I do have one request. Lets skip the rain this time around. That gray Delta mud is really sticky!:D

Don/Videorunner

Craig S

Commando
I can live without the mud and rain also. I have been getting a lot of calls since you posted the video. It must be time to dust off the rules and get started on the event planning again. I will start a new thread on the 2009 rules soon.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Yes, I have come up with a couple camera. I need to make sure they are shooting in the same resolution.

Videorunner

Awesome.. Keep me in the loop about your plans. As of now, count me in to shoot from all Friday/Sat...

You supply the epuipment.. I'll bring my skills :p

-Jason

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I think I'd look into borrowing some tires. ;)

My rig don't make the stock class, because I am running 40" tires which would bump me into the legend class. Can anyone tell me if I have too much body for that class, would very much like to participate, but don't want to run against buggies?