one of the best Christmases ever

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Started it off Sunday with family dinner at the in-laws, then yesterday I went to Savior of the World with my wife, her mother, and her grandma. If you have never been to see this I highly advise you to do so, no matter your religious beliefs you will walk away feeling the Christmas spirit deeper than ever, great for kids over 8 too.

After that we went out for a late lunch and up to the in-laws for the evening for dinner and games. When we got home we watched Christmas for a Dollar, a great movie for sure.

This morning my wife made this great baked dish with eggs, bacon, and kale in it, we had some red and green pancakes with it that were just awesome. Then we took our dogs to the baseball field at the park and played catch with their new balls until they could barely walk. Afterward we came up to the in-laws to open a few presents with all of the other extended family and are now working on a big Kinkade puzzle.

My wife and I didn't buy anything for each other for presents this year, we spent about $600 on paint and supplies to paint our upstairs over the past few weeks and it was a present to ourselves. We did get each other a card though.

I'm just glad I have in-laws I like and can be around them all the time without any drama. That's all, hope everyone had a great day as well and the new year will bring you many blessings.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
My kids and wife opened presents ate then headed to St. George for 6 days. I have to stay home. It's very quiet. Not sure if this is good, bad, or both.

airmanwilliams

I got to work yesterday and today at the AF Hospital. I thought it would really suck not being with the family but I really liked visiting rooms at the hospital for Christmas and spending time with the patients. We decided since I was gone we will have Christmas Eve tonight and do presents and dinners tomorrow.

OB1

The wife and I have been working up in North Dakota and were able to come home for two weeks and spend Christmas and New Years with family and friends. The wife did get me a Chop saw and angle grinder for Christmas now all I need is the welder and I can start on that back country trailer I want to build. Looks like I'll be doing it in ND.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

skeptic

Spent Xmas with the wife and kids, but with the rest of the family out of state we didn't get to see anyone else. Not sure if this really constitutes a Christmas present, but I picked this up the Sat before Christmas and the wife will be paying for it:
20131221_134412_zpse4055f6a.jpg

I look forward to wheeling it and seeing what it can do this summer. I'm sure I'll miss my truck, but it's good being back in an SUV.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
No complaints here. The misses and I spent the day driving a brand new turbo-diesel Hilux up the Pan-American Highway en route to some some pretty legit diving at a super remote town on the coast. To top it all off, United finally got our luggage to the same country as us and it only took a couple of extra days :D

spencevans

Overlander
I had a nice Christmas as well. Unlike last year where we went all out and spent two weeks traveling around Mexico. This year I just stayed at home and ate crab legs and prime rib. I love crab legs.

Hopefully I will be able to afford to be able to go on a big trip to Mexico next year. I really want to drive to Guymas and Puerto Vallerta.