One Step Forward, one step back

Badbuggy

rock star
Over here in Grand Junction, Colorado, here is what is going on....

The Motorized user group had their meeting with the BLM officials yesterday. This meeting covers many topics, all trail related. One of the items I am most proud of, is the progress on the new trails in the Bangs Canyon area. It looks like the new full size 4x4 trails are right on track. The motorcycle, and ATV trails will take a little longer as they have run into some hurdles.

I was sorry to hear about an unauthorized new, (this one was motorcycle, but it could have easily been 4x4), trail that has gone in in Rough Canyon. The BLM will take money set aside to build new trails, and spend it on getting the poached trail re-vegitated. There are many of us who work hard to get new trails open, and keep existing trails open. When someone takes it upon themselves to make their own trail, it hurts us all.

On a side note, in many cases the BLM uses game trail cameras on trails like this to find out who is using illegal trails. Or who has opened illegal trails. So please stay on existing trails.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Thanks for taking the time to be a part of the cause and even more important thanks for taking the extra time to send "us" the update... Its good to hear small tid-bits of feedback and things that are going on!!! Keeps me interested in my own local happenings on trail use.