Paging the car-audio/ICE experts.Is there a head unit that mirrors your phone/tablet?

Rock Taco

Now I'm wondering if it's even worth running speakers in the back doors. We'll always be sitting in the front, so maybe 4 speakers is all I need. That'd sure simplify things.

If it were me I would wait until I had the back fully planned out before installing speakers. They may be in the way of something you want to install. Storage, platform etc. There may come a time when you want to open the back doors and listen to some music but that doesn't seem likely for you at least on the trips I have been camping with you.

sixstringsteve

I was seriously worried about the 35 foot range.

The more I think about it, the less I want speakers in the back cargo doors. I've been contemplating some speakers mounted on the ceiling in the back, pointed towards the driver.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
If you had 4 ohm speakers, you could run 6 off a 4 channel amp. At 2 ohm, no dice.

Utah Bureau of Awesomeness Department.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Hey JL,

Out of curiosity, how do you think the audio quality would be running that blue tooth setup and the line driver/level control for source compared to running something like the alpine UTE-52BT? http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/ute-52bt

I've got a JL 5 channel digital amp, and plant to run 2 sets of components and probably a decent 12 in the cavernous trunk.
Cody

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Hey JL,

Out of curiosity, how do you think the audio quality would be running that blue tooth setup and the line driver/level control for source compared to running something like the alpine UTE-52BT? http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/ute-52bt

I've got a JL 5 channel digital amp, and plant to run 2 sets of components and probably a decent 12 in the cavernous trunk.
Cody

There'd be no difference in the BT alone, but that deck will give you tone, fader, and subwoofer control so it will allow you to 'shape' the sound much more effectively.

Utah Bureau of Awesomeness Department.

sixstringsteve

J-dawg, am i crazy to bypass the head unit? It just seems like such a waste when it's just going to go out to an amp anyway.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
If you don't want/need the audio processing functions of a deck, then don't run one. I do, so I'll probably stick with my original plan and do that alpine deck. If you bypass the deck, then be sure to use that line driver setup so that you have decent input voltage going to the amp.