Paint Job cost?

ALF

SURE!?
What should I expect to pay for a paint job these days? I'd like to have my K5 spruced up and have the stock trim removed. Maybe the stock two tone with some sort of accent line where the trim was. Anyone had a paint job done recently?

ALF

SURE!?
totally depends on where you go and what kind of job you want done...

Tell me where is good. Descent Job meaning, better than the one the PO did where all the clearcoat is pealing off in chunks, I don't want to spend a ton because I still plan on wheeling the sh!t out of it:D

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Without seeing it, I'd plan on a couple grand minimum for a decent job. If you go with a single color it'll save you a bundle, as will doing some of the prep yourself.

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
not really that familiar with your area, there are a few shops around the ogden area I could refer you to, but stay clear of maaco if you want a good job done, they can spray ok, but their prep work sucks and they lay on the paint thin, since you plan on wheeling the crap out of it, you can cut some cost with a single stage paint, then you arent spending a ton on materials, doing a base clear can really rack up quite a bill

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
Ill tell ya a good guy to call is Jon Davis. He painted my buggy panels and all of Nate Reynolds jeep. If you havent seen it let me know and Ill post pics. Amazing work hands down.

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
Pics

Attachments

• 27712_106015882776333_100001037664886_47590_4019360_n.jpg
    27712_106015882776333_100001037664886_47590_4019360_n.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 27712_106015866109668_100001037664886_47588_1070990_n.jpg
    27712_106015866109668_100001037664886_47588_1070990_n.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Hood.jpg
    Hood.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Nates car.jpg
    Nates car.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Side view.jpg
    Side view.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Top View.jpg
    Top View.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 11

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Ill tell ya a good guy to call is Jon Davis. He painted my buggy panels and all of Nate Reynolds jeep. If you havent seen it let me know and Ill post pics. Amazing work hands down.

x2, he did the flares on my truck and they turned out great

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Not sure if you'd be interested in it but I did a guys window in a ford superduty that had his entire truck bedlinered. It looked just like rhino lining but it was from maaco and they did the entire truck including the shell and he said it was $1500. It has held up for a few years and he could pick any color he wanted which he choose a greyish green. I liked it so much I was contemplating doing it to my truck. It also didn't reflect light so when he left in the dark the thing almost disappeared. Still thinking about it for my truck.

Coco

Not sure if you'd be interested in it but I did a guys window in a ford superduty that had his entire truck bedlinered. It looked just like rhino lining but it was from maaco and they did the entire truck including the shell and he said it was $1500. It has held up for a few years and he could pick any color he wanted which he choose a greyish green. I liked it so much I was contemplating doing it to my truck. It also didn't reflect light so when he left in the dark the thing almost disappeared. Still thinking about it for my truck.

More info and pics?

Bart

If you do the bedliner route, you'd better love it and plan on keeping it forever. It really kills a resale value.

ALF

SURE!?
If you do the bedliner route, you'd better love it and plan on keeping it forever. It really kills a resale value.

For a newer rig or a beater this would be cool but my K5 is a classic;) Kinda want it to stay stockish metal and paint wise.

I did have earl sheib do my 73 Nova back in 95 and they did a really good Job for the $400. Just didn't mask so well.

My K5 was originally the darker red (at least that is the color of the dash and floor boards. Somewhere along its life the exterior was changed to brown and white two tone with the top on so when I take the top off you can see the old red on the bedrails. The clearcoat is almost completly gone from the hood and the tops of the fenders and some ass hat got superglue on the bedsides trying to affix the stock molding. Body has verly little rust (not a Utah rig) and very few dents. Really only need a new Tgate.

I'm thinking I want to keep the 2 tone but change the brown back to red and the white to black, lose the stock exterior trim except on the fenderwells and replace it with some sort of pin stripeing. Maybe someone with some photoshop skills can help me out:cool:

With all this said I don't want to spend thousands then be afraid to scratch it on the trails, I know paint isn't cheap and you get what you pay for, I just want to pimp it out a bit on a budget.:greg:

Chevycrew

Another thing to consider with bedliner, its almost impossible to color match any repairs. They say its tough, but you will end up damaging it wheeling.

TK1

Full Mall Crawler Status
Give me a call at the shop 801-908-5580 or my Cell 801-608-1270 and we'll see if we can do something that will fit your budget. I have six cars in the shop right now so we're out a little bit on the schedule.

rondo

rondo
I suggest you do it in your back yard like me; only spent like 200$ on paint, reducer, etc and my YJ is holding up great. Oh yeah you'd have to wait til spring and live in Tooele :)