PETA to put up 'payback' billboard...

Rogerwh0

I live in vernal, I can't wait to see how this goes. At least the town teenagers will have something to do. Can someone's explain how meat from the store is provided without harming animals? I guess PETA missed the food chain lessons. However I do have a PETA shirt. People Eating Tasty Animals.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
Peta has done some good thing for animal rights in the past. This, however is not one of them. If PETA continues to let this guy speak for them they will lose all credibility. This guy is clueless at best as to where his food comes from.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Peta has done some good thing for animal rights in the past. This, however is not one of them. If PETA continues to let this guy speak for them they will lose all credibility. This guy is clueless at best as to where his food comes from.

The only good thing peta has done is give us the lettuce ladies.

DAA

Supporting Member
What "good thing" has PETA ever done? I'm not aware of a single example. Except get their leadership paid? And what credibility have they ever had, that is now theirs to lose? They have never had the slightest shred of credibility that I have ever been aware of. They are about as relevant and credible as the KKK or ARF. Bunch of hate mongering extremists plying the weakness of the emotionally crippled and logically dwarfed to line their own pockets. Bunch of low life scum is all I have ever perceived them to be...

- DAA

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Just gets me more excited to try and shoot me an Elk in a few weeks and then hopefully a deer shortly after. Also looking forward to treating anything I shoot better than the animals at the feed lots around the country.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
The part that bugs me is this story is the headline for KSL. It's not like there isn't something else that happened yesterday. :rolleyes:

More and more KSL really pushing a liberal agenda.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
They did stop the draize method and other stupid animal testing. They ate a good example of how an organization that has just gone to far. They have out lived thief usefulness.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I agree that peta did some good things. There is no reason we need to be cruel to animals before we shoot them in the face to eat them. Unfortunately, it takes a certain level of crazy extremism to get things to change sometimes. It is hard to change that craziness once the ball gets rolling.

During the food web unit I teach we always end up talking about the pros and cons of hunting. It is surprising how many students are for or against hunting with no real knowledge of why it is both good and bad. Those young people turn into old people with the same uneducated beliefs if they aren't taught. I don't care if someone is for killing animals or against it as long as they are educated as to why they think that way.

Sifting through journalism/information and learning to tell fact from opinion is a skill that people should not be able to leave school without.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
I agree that peta did some good things. There is no reason we need to be cruel to animals before we shoot them in the face to eat them. Unfortunately, it takes a certain level of crazy extremism to get things to change sometimes. It is hard to change that craziness once the ball gets rolling.

During the food web unit I teach we always end up talking about the pros and cons of hunting. It is surprising how many students are for or against hunting with no real knowledge of why it is both good and bad. Those young people turn into old people with the same uneducated beliefs if they aren't taught. I don't care if someone is for killing animals or against it as long as they are educated as to why they think that way.

Sifting through journalism/information and learning to tell fact from opinion is a skill that people should not be able to leave school without.
nicely said

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
They stopped GM's animal testing as well. Rather than investing in technologies, GM felt strapping live pigs into vehicles, smashing them into walls, and then cutting them open to study the injuries was better than crash test dummies. GM stated they perform the tests because the safety of their customers is paramount.... at the same time, they poured millions into fighting the possibility that airbags would become mandatory equipment.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
From what I hear PETA might get sued over this from the guy it happened to

They should.

I would like to rent the billboard next to that one and put up the-we don't need to kill for food, meat comes from grocery stores quote. along with some snarky comment about it.