PGF Precision Guided Firearms

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
And this is what just under $2400 will buy you at 1300 yards.

[video=youtube;vyj_A19Zo30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyj_A19Zo30[/video]

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
One of my co-workers is a long distance hunter... he usually takes a couple Elk at 700-800 yrds every year.... without a heads up display. :p

That said, 1000+ Yard shots are friggin' impressive.

notajeep

Just me
I was just at The spirit Ridge rifle golf referenced in the second video a few weeks ago. Great time. Awesome place. Too much snow that day for the 1000 yard + shots, but I hit out to about 650 with my .270.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I was just at The spirit Ridge rifle golf referenced in the second video a few weeks ago. Great time. Awesome place. Too much snow that day for the 1000 yard + shots, but I hit out to about 650 with my .270.

Golf? The video I posted is actually a friend of mine who also guided one of his co-workers to an elk kill with his custom Savage 260 this year at 800 or 900 hundred yards, possibly a new record, the video isn't up yet but here are a few of his other videos http://www.youtube.com/user/longrangemaster1?feature=watch

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My dad does a lot of custom load development and rifle building for long range hunting. One of his biggest pet peeves is everyone thinking any rifle/load will shoot 1000 yards accurately. It takes a lot of work and knowledge.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
My dad does a lot of custom load development and rifle building for long range hunting. One of his biggest pet peeves is everyone thinking any rifle/load will shoot 1000 yards accurately. It takes a lot of work and knowledge.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ive seen some of your dads 1000yd pistol targets, crazy stuff.

One of the guys I shoot with now and then took a cow elk a few years ago at 1480 yards, it takes a bit to impress me. That system takes some of the work out of it for sure but you still have to pull the trigger without screwing up the shot. And the red X means your on the target, it doesn't mean your going to make a kill shot or an "Ethical" Kill shot, some of these shots were shots that I would never take. Even when dog hunting I want to make sure I dispatch the animal in a respectful way.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
That system takes some of the work out of it for sure but you still have to pull the trigger without screwing up the shot.
You paint the target with the laser and lock it in, then you hold the trigger and when the gun is aimed in just the right spot to account for ballistics and atmospherics, the trigger is automatically released... so there's really too much to do.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
...doesn't mean your going to make a kill shot or an "Ethical" Kill shot, some of these shots were shots that I would never take. Even when dog hunting I want to make sure I dispatch the animal in a respectful way.

Very well said. I'll be the first to admit I'm no hunter, but watching that first video did not impress me much. Yes, it's cool to see the tech involved with that gun, but I didn't care for the way the guys just went from one animal to the next. To me, it just felt like poaching. Killing just show they could. That's not right.

Sure hope they packed up all that mean, and are using it.