Picked up a trailer

The_Lobbster

Hope you don't mind me threadjacking, Greg, I'd like to ask, did you, or have you guys, considered running LT tires instead of trailer tires? I tried doing some research before I settled on some take off LT continental tires for my single axle. There seems to be a ton of conflicting info both for, and against it. The load rating on my tires is 3,197 lbs per, E rated, 10 ply. The rubber compound seems to be softer, with a higher speed rating, than most comparable trailer tires.

Any input here?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Cody Waggoner, owner of Lasernut and (now retired) rock crawling competitor had KO2's on his tandem axle trailer. We commented on it once and he said something along the lines of "put BFG's on and never get a flat again." I was thinking how nice it must be being rich lol I won't even spring for KO2's on my truck.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
The D are 8 ply, but yes those 10s will be a big difference.

View attachment 175875

So, the way they rate the load ranges/plys are as follows:

P = 4 ply or lower, SL/XL (Standard or Extra Load)
B = 4 ply
C = 6 ply
D = 8 ply
E = 10 ply
F = 12 ply
G = 14 ply
H = 16 ply

It gets a little confusing for sure.

A lot of trailer tires are manufactured overseas, we buy our Transporter brand trailer tires by the container (Vietnamese made), and split it with another store.

Nothing confusing about that at all, kinda like simple math, right? Speaking of simple math.... 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 7, right?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

20240827_161026-X2.jpg

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I pulled this 14 inch five lug wheel and tire out of the middle of the road the other day. Busted off of somebody’s spare tire carrier. Still had the carrier bolts stuck in it. I don’t need it and would be happy to pass it along if anybody wants to come get it.

IMG_7486.jpegIMG_7487.jpeg