Pics or video of street legal rigs on 35s or 37s on Helldorado

planman

I haven't seen many street legal rigs on 35s or 37s try Helldorado--mostly Suzukis and Jeeps stop after Gatekeeper.

I'm curious to know how often it has been attempted--even if winching up the Waterfall.

On EJS Big Saturday this year, a group of JKs is going to attempt it. There should be plenty of pics and video of the day.

sixstringsteve

Excellent thread topic, I've been wanting to see the same thing (though not only with JKs, but with any street legal rig)

Last edited:

chadschoon

I think a JK on 37" tires is going to hate that brake over rock. Might be a little long.

Last edited:

4554x4

always modifing something
Here is Steve (eb101) on Gatekeeper in his Bronco with 35'' tires! We went well beyond the gatekeeper that day but too many breakages to the other rigs.

Attachments

• bronco on gatekeeper.jpg
    bronco on gatekeeper.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 34
  • bronco on gatekeeper 2.jpg
    bronco on gatekeeper 2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've done it in a Toyota mini-truck on 37's and a Toyota 4Runner on 35's. Both of them were driven to and from Moab, not trailer queens! I think the JK's will have trouble at the Squeeze, the will need to drop their windshields for sure.

Here's some pics of the 4Runner on 35's on the way thru...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

planman

I'm considering an attempt in my 2 dr either with 40" Xterrains or 37" sticky Krawlers.

I was expecting to remove the windshield and top, and to winch the Waterfall.

I'm running 11.5" travel OME LT shocks on a 3.5" lift.

Here it is with 37" KM2s:

DSC00101.jpg

And with 40" Xterrains:

DSC00933.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

40613_149273348432935_100000508118400_400978_3577818_n.jpg

Last edited:

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Last time I was on it, I rolled (was running 40"s) just after the teater toter rock and there was 4 jeeps (2 yj's, 2 tj's) on 35's that drove right past us with no problems and we never saw them again. They flew though it.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
I've made everything but the waterfall in my 4runner on 35s. Just make sure your winch works good.. And expect body damage. I plan to run it in my 91 Toyota this ejs that's on 31s and I've got high hopes of making the water fall

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I agree with Greg. The 4 door JKs will not like the squeeze at all

It would be fun to watch though!

With some (a lot) of people on a rope pulling the upper chassis away from the wall and some good spotting you might be able to get through with a scratch. :D

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I've made everything but the waterfall in my 4runner on 35s. Just make sure your winch works good.. And expect body damage. I plan to run it in my 91 Toyota this ejs that's on 31s and I've got high hopes of making the water fall

when you went through the squeze with your runner, did you drag your back end or top?

nrspence

My buddy did upper Helldorado in his Old willys jeep truck with a blazer frame under it on 35s. The only help he needed was getting out of the trail on the last waterfall. It still amazes me how many rigs climb the last waterfall unassisted.

morty

Head full of rocks
When are these JK's planing to run this trail? I would like to be there, I've ran this trail with my tj. I'll do it again with my steet legal rig. TJ's RULE!!!

hedonist

Supporting Member
what about a 78 fj40 2.5" lift &33x12.50 Rear lock only ??????
No way? kinda want to try