Pinion angle

Jam76

I am getting ready to have a Flat top knuckled DANA 44 narrowed for My Toyota. I would like to have it rolled so I don't have to use shims for the correct pinion angle. The Truck has a Chevy 383 stroker, TH350, Single Toyota T-case and Skyjacker 7" springs. My question is what's the easiest and best way to find the ideal pinion angle or close to the ideal. Any help would be appreciated.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Which brand 44 are you using, Jeep, Chev, Ford?

A friend of mine is working on a similar project with a fullsize Ford drivetrain in a '85 4Runner. He hung his axle with the perches resting on the tubes (not welded) and the U Bolts somewhat snug, then lowered the weight of the truck onto the axle. After getting the Caster about right and deciding the Pinion angle looked good, he just buzzed the perches on. But he is using a RC Dana 44, so that helps TONS. The thing is still on jackstands, so it has yet to be road tested!

Do you have plans on a Dual T-Case in the future? That will add about 6-8" of lenght to your front shaft and help alot w/ Pinion angles.

Jam76

I don't plan on useing a double T-case. If I do anything I will just use the 4.0-1 trail tamer gears but thats a ways done the road.