Places to wheel around Amarillo, Texas?

LT.

There have been some hard times here for my family and I lately. As of now I am going to be working in Amarillo here soon. Trouble is I don't know of any wheeling there and I was hoping someone on here may have some information about the wheeling there. Also, unless something changes I will no longer be a Lieutenant. Difficult times ahead for sure.

LT.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
If you are on Facebook you can check out Curry County Wheelers. A group based out of the Clovis area but a few of my friends from clovis are on there and they do trips out to Amarillo often.

Bart

Sorry to hear about the hard times and hope things will be better in Amarillo for you and your family. Good luck buddy.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Canadian River is the ticket. Lots of killer trails all fairly close to each other.
Watch out for the quicksand though which can be hidden under dry sand as well. It's not really quicksand per se, but the river is on bedrock and much of the water is moving through the sand.
I watched a 3" bow wave in front of each tire as my brother drove on damp sand. When he stopped for just a moment water started seeping up and pooling around each tire. Had he popped the clutch at that point the truck would have dropped to the axles.

He stuck his first truck on a crossing once and by the time he got back with help the next day only the top of the cab was showing.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Canadian River is the ticket. Lots of killer trails all fairly close to each other.

My brother used to wheel around the Canadian River

My wife and I attended an RV rally in Palo Duro Canyon, just south of Amarillo, back in May. The West Texas Jeepers took us to the Canadian River to wheel and it was actually a pretty cool area. A little bit of everything.

I have a few pictures on my build thread and a youtube video on my channel showing me on a waterfall and a couple of obstacles. Not too hair-raising but cool area none the less.

Mike.

LT.

Thank y'all for the thoughts and the concerns. I am trying to get a handle on everything that is happening. Lots of stress here trying to figure out how and when my family will be able to join me there. Trying to figure out some ways to blow off the stress. Figured wheeling would be a great way to unwind.

LT.