Poison Spider Mesa WJ 3" lift???

Ford Prefect

Hey yall.

As I mentioned in a different thread I am headed to Moab this weekend. Just wondering if a good driver could take a WJ with no lockers and about 3" total lift (2"bb and 2" over stock tires) through Poison Spider Mesa. I have not been on it in a while, but I do recall that most of the obstacle have a varying degree of difficulty. So long as I go on the easier sides of the trail I should be ok, yes?

I am ok with not doing the loop if needed.

Thanks

Brian

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I did it in my KJ with one hand tied behind my back. I've never been the leader of the group, but every time I've gone, the group would loose the trail. I guess it's tough to navigate.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Try not to do this....

100_7551.jpg

100_7557.jpg

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Why don't you go to the Summer Convention this weekend? You won't have to drive as far and you can hang with some of the coolest cats around.

Last edited:

logansportage

I've done it a couple of times in my 4 door KIA Sportage. First time was stock with upgraded 215/75/15 BFG ATs tires. Stock tires were 205/75/15 streets. No problems, just needed a spotter in a couple of areas to avoid body damage.

Next time I did it I had added a 2" suspension lift, a 1 3/8 body lift, and 31" tires. Still no problems and lots more fun. No spotter this time.

The wedgie was the only challenging section on this trail and we did all the obstacles.

Logansportage