Polaris Xpedition

When I saw the new Polaris Xpedition I new that there was now a way I could get my wife to come with me into the outdoors, good or bad, there was now a way. The problem with the Jeep is that it was slow and bumpy and when our friends showed up with a UTV and my grandkids didn’t want to get back in the Jeep, I knew a UTV was in my future, my very near future.

I had snowmobiled and rode motorcycles with the GM of a powersport dealership and went to him for advice. He sold all the makes and after looking at the pros and cons of all of them, I settled on the Polaris Pro XP 4 Sport. I liked the space in the rear of this new model at the time and ordered one. It took an extra 4 months or so to get it because of COVID but when it showed up, we used it and enjoyed it. The JK Rubicon sat and sat and sat. After seeing that we were using it, I wish I had gotten the top of the line model. My wife suggested we pick up a second one and I figured with her suggestion, I was going to get the top of the line model. I had already sunk a ton more into my first one and decided I was going to get what I wanted. As I was looking again, Polaris announced the new PRO R 4 and I picked me up the new Launch edition with all the goodies on it and then proceeded to make it even nicer.

Polaris again, announced a new UTV, this time one with a sealed cab, A/C and heat. I showed it to my wife and she suggested I get on the list for one. I called my buddy, he got me on the list for the top of the line model and I was told that it should show up hopefully before the end of July. I decided to put my first Rzr up for sale and I quickly had someone wanting it. I was beginning to get nervous that I wouldn’t be happy with the new one so I called my friend and he said he had been invited to St George and was on his way to spend the day in it and would call me on his way home. He did call me and said it was a game changer and he was going to get one for himself. I have since been looking for stuff to do to it but because it was a completely new model, no one had anything for it. Well, three weeks ago I got a call from my friend, he said it is in but I should come check it out before I write the check for it. I did go check it out and I came home with it.

70993465386__4C57BD48-94D8-4975-84FA-F1F2A34C8789.jpeg
Here it is at the dealership. I had them out rocksliders on it and side mirrors.

I have since had the windows tinted, street legal kit, some lights, RhinoRack and a myriad of other things and topping it off with my RTT.
IMG_0732.jpegIMG_0740.jpegIMG_0741.jpeg
My grandson and I have been loving it. My kids now think I should get rid of my Pro R 4 and get a second Xpedition. What is so cool about the Xpedition is that it is nearly dust-free inside. With a normal UTV, you get covered with dust. You just can’t go for a quick ride and not have to come home and shower. With this new one, you do t get covered and there is almost no heat coming into the cab like a normal UTV. Yes, it is a game changer.

CanAm is supposed to announce their new models and if they come out with something to compete with it, I will get that one, if not, I will get another Xpedition. Anyone interested in a really nice Pro R 4. It used to be our favorite UTV. It hauls ass and has a 4cyl 235 HP motor in it.
67668494510__598B57F1-2637-4921-AF4A-0AF70D07C16E.jpeg

rholbrook

What is the range on one of those?

- DAA
They claim 200 miles. First tank i was lucky to get 100, 2nd tank was closer to 200. Third tank was rodding it up Bountiful Canyon with tent on it and my son behind the wheel with me, my grandson and some gear. It was closer to 150. I have 475 miles on it and have filled it 3 times when not quite empty. With the A/C going and usually 3-4 adults in it, I bet its 175 ish. It will fit 3 adults in the backseat pretty easily. Its pretty roomy.

Reactions: DAA

rholbrook

Papa for sure, that one seems to be working well for the grandkids!
Papa does get you the biggest bang for the buck.. Try BIG Papa to really get what you want. My grandson has two motorcycles and he hasn't really even found the love of riding yet. Fingers crossed it will be this year. He does ask to go out in the field now.