Popping out of low range

Bleeding_raptor

Bloody Mess
Recently My Toy has been popping out of low range when I have been going mostly when I am trying to keep my speed down going down hill. Has any one else experienced this or know a way to fix the problem

superdave84058

i had that problem on steep inclines until i realized it was my knee hitting the lever, then i just felt retarded.make shure this isnt the case b4 tearing your rig in half trying to find a problem

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Greg said:
Sometimes the shifter boot will pull the lever out of place.

..especially if you have a body lift. Also make sure your motor mounts/transmission mounts are good, it's possible your entire drivetrain is moving enough for the shifter to hit the body.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I Lean said:
..especially if you have a body lift. Also make sure your motor mounts/transmission mounts are good, it's possible your entire drivetrain is moving enough for the shifter to hit the body.

That's exactally what happened on my old truck. Motor & tranny mounts were worn out & all of a sudden it started popping out of gear. Moving the shifter boot down on the shifter would prevent the problem for a little bit, but eventually it would happen again.

1993yj

I know that you all think that my idea is a joke, and it kind of is, but I seriously know people who have done it. Although it is usually done on beater trucks that people dont want to put any money into.