Presidents Day, Moab

DToy

I'm heading down there with some buddies. I'll be in a red 4Runner on 37's. We'll also have a blue Toy Xtra Cab on 40's, a Tacoma on 35's, and another Toyota Pickup on 33's. Not sure what trails we're going to run yet. What trails are the rest of you running that are going to be down there?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
If I go, I will have my 4 month old son with me and will want to stay on the easier trails 3-4 ratings at the most. I took him on Golden Spike because I felt it wasn't that difficult of trail after being on it several times before. Plus, if something were to happen, my cell works almost everywhere up there. But after taking him on it, there some places that had me scared. So in hindsight, I should not have taken him. Just too many opportunities to roll and I don't think the little guy would handle it very well right now. He can barely keep his head up on his own, and something like that might just flat kill him. Even if he didn't get hurt, my wife would hurt me! :D

slim

Give it the berries
I dont get it

4 month old son? Who was that trip fun for???

waynehartwig said:
If I go, I will have my 4 month old son with me and will want to stay on the easier trails 3-4 ratings at the most. I took him on Golden Spike because I felt it wasn't that difficult of trail after being on it several times before. Plus, if something were to happen, my cell works almost everywhere up there. But after taking him on it, there some places that had me scared. So in hindsight, I should not have taken him. Just too many opportunities to roll and I don't think the little guy would handle it very well right now. He can barely keep his head up on his own, and something like that might just flat kill him. Even if he didn't get hurt, my wife would hurt me! :D

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
slim said:
4 month old son? Who was that trip fun for???
lol
Golden Spike? Neither... I was too worried about him and the what ifs the whole time. The day prior we did Strike Ravine and he loved it! Believe it or not, he does enjoy it.... He can see out the windows and looks at everything as we drive by. His eyes, nose and mouth is going crazy the whole time! Plus he gets to hang out with dad all day!! :D ... We both get something out of it, so there :p

Cory

Can anyone in Moab give an update about the snow conditions down there after this last storm. Did Moab receive a lot of snow? If so, is it melting fast. If you are local do you think a lot of trails would be impassible this weekend due to snow?

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Cory said:
Can anyone in Moab give an update about the snow conditions down there after this last storm. Did Moab receive a lot of snow? If so, is it melting fast. If you are local do you think a lot of trails would be impassible this weekend due to snow?

I did metal masher and 7 mile rim in the snow a few years back and had alot of fun. But those trails didn't have alot of steep slickrock climbs like on hells revenge.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
WayneXJ said:
I did metal masher and 7 mile rim in the snow a few years back and had alot of fun. But those trails didn't have alot of steep slickrock climbs like on hells revenge.
:eek: Snow on Hell's Revenge would make it _very_ interesting, indeed! :eek:

00harpdawg

i was just down there three weeks ago and there was snow on all the north facing hills we attempted hells revenge and got all the way until you go around the slickrock dome and it leans the second you put a tire on the snow you slid it was quite interesting

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I am here now at the Aarchway Inn, we did Hells Revenge today and other than some cool breezes, it has been great weather. Pretty dry. I'll be here all weekend!

If you come down be on the lookout for me in "Frankenstien" (Red YJ sprung over with Orange Rollcage!)

Name's Andrew

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
PierCed_3 said:
I am here now at the Aarchway Inn, we did Hells Revenge today and other than some cool breezes, it has been great weather. Pretty dry. I'll be here all weekend!

If you come down be on the lookout for me in "Frankenstien" (Red YJ sprung over with Orange Rollcage!)

Name's Andrew
Ahw man! I didn't need to hear that....;)