price trails.???

brian r

I know the trails are on the chopping block,but are they officially closed as of now. Ive searched and read all the posts,but havnt yet heard definate word yet.
Im planning a run over presidents weekend to judgment day &pinn#.
Although im not looking to be a rogue user,I would like to run these at least one more time while they still may be open..does anybody know yet..???
Thanks Brian R.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I believe everything is now officially closed. From what I understand the BLM officials played dirty and 'lost' all of the trail data than hundreds of users gathered over time. No trail data meant no trails got added to their inventory list, therefore those lands were closed to vehicular travel.

That's one of the worst cases of abuse by the BLM I've heard of in a long time. Makes me very disappointed that people like that are managing the lands that belong to the public. :-\

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
They are closed as of the signing of the RMP in October. Scott was working with Mike Swenson to get a meeting with a BLM official at the state level. I offered any assistance needed, but have not heard anything in a while.

That's one of the worst cases of abuse by the BLM I've heard of in a long time. Makes me very disappointed that people like that are managing the lands that belong to the public. :-\

Over a beer, I could tell you some stories that would make this look minor.:ugh:

brian r

That sucks!!!!!

Price was one of the best wheeling spots around, It had great trails ,no matter what difficulty you wanted you could find it there.close enuff for a day trip or far enough to make a weekend out of it.
My fifteen year old asked to drive last time we were there,I told him next time for sure..*shrug*If you hadnt been there you missed out,and probably dont understand what im talking about. anyway thanks to everyone who worked hard and sent in those letters (i know i sent mine in.).....:-\

russelle

Not sure what avenue Mike Swenson is taking, however, it sounds like the BLM violated their own processes and procedures when it comes to data collection and management. They have violated their own Manual, MS -1601; Handbooks, H1601-1 and H-1283-1; and two instruction memos, one from Washington and one local, Washington Office Instruction Memo 2003-0238 and Utah Instruction Memo 2006-097, respectively. There are processes and procedures clearly laid out in these sources and I would press the BLM to be accountable for violations of these. The Utah Instruction Memo is no longer valid, however, was applicable during the scoping period for this RMP. H-1601-1, Appendices D and G, talk specifically to data sources, collection and management. MS-1601 talks to planning and collaborative information collection. Both memos lay out guidance to supplement handbooks H-1601-1 and H1283-1.
Eric