Price Wheelin over Labor Day?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Should be a half day job if everything goes well. On the passenger side anyway, I can't speak for the driver side. Pull the wheel and fender liner (@#$@%^ plastic christmas tree push connectors!), undo all the electrical connections in the way and the hoses, remove the oil line bolts (have to pull the starter and use a wobble to get to them) and the 2 exhaust nuts. Then remove the @#$@#$%**# coolant lines. This is easier if you remove the wastegate actuator, but not required. The "jiffy tite" connectors are disconnected by removing the little wire clip (use a pick to get it out, it will probably bend/break, I would replace the entire connector as they are prone to leak) and then pulling the tube out. This is hard because the tubes are rigid and it would be easier if you could twist them to remove, but you can't. The top one is not too bad, but the bottom one is not fun, because it is bolted to the engine so you have to remove the 3 bolts holding the turbo onto the manifold AND the one underneath that holds it on to the engine (long extensions and probably a u-joint here, I missed it the first time and spent quite a while trying to find what was still holding the turbo on) and then work the turbo off of the coolant tube. It's the biggest pain about the whole job. Putting it back on isn't much better. Other than the coolant lines and all the plastic fasteners on the fender liner, it really isn't that bad of a job.

View attachment 175887
This is good info. I may copy/move this to different tech thread.

That said, I took the truck for a drive yesterday under load and I think I'm gonna just do this change after I get back. It sealed back up pretty quick still from warm up so I'm gonna kick the can down the road another week. :D

Bart

Weather is looking decent this weekend. Is this trip a go? I think I'm in, at least for Saturday and maybe Sunday. Is there a time and place to meet?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Weather is looking decent this weekend. Is this trip a go? I think I'm in, at least for Saturday and maybe Sunday. Is there a time and place to meet?
Yessir. I should be there Friday evening. Not sure what time Greg wants to meet up on Sat since he will be heading in that morning.

Trate D

I’ve heard of these trails and seen some pictures but no first person experience. What are the vehicle requirements of these “harder” trails?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I’ve heard of these trails and seen some pictures but no first person experience. What are the vehicle requirements of these “harder” trails?
The pinnacle trails can be forgiving (most of it is optional boulder fields, at least last time I ran them). Pinnacle 2 has a squeeze at the end but last I was on that was a very long time ago. My guess is that it's widened out. We still got plenty of full body rigs through there with strategic straps. Not too big of a deal. The rest of Pinnacle 2 is mild and pretty fun.

The wash trails north of Price are a bit different but again with how they change each year and how long it's been since I've been there I couldn't say. If you're planning on bringing the Comanche in your pic, you'd have a good time.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
This seriously tempts me but I have crap going on Saturday night and then grand nationals next weekend. Ugh I need a rec wheeling trip badly

Trate D

The pinnacle trails can be forgiving (most of it is optional boulder fields, at least last time I ran them). Pinnacle 2 has a squeeze at the end but last I was on that was a very long time ago. My guess is that it's widened out. We still got plenty of full body rigs through there with strategic straps. Not too big of a deal. The rest of Pinnacle 2 is mild and pretty fun.

The wash trails north of Price are a bit different but again with how they change each year and how long it's been since I've been there I couldn't say. If you're planning on bringing the Comanche in your pic, you'd have a good time.
It’s a long shot but I’d like to make it.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin

I'm 100% in!

I'll be driving in on Saturday morning, let's meet at 9:30 at the Chevron here -

I'd like to run Pinnacle 1 and 2 on Saturday, then go from there and see about Sunday. I'm going to head home Sunday evening.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm 100% in!

I'll be driving in on Saturday morning, let's meet at 9:30 at the Chevron here -

I'd like to run Pinnacle 1 and 2 on Saturday, then go from there and see about Sunday. I'm going to head home Sunday evening.
Sunday will be good for the North wash trails, since you can kinda just play around out that way too and jet back no problem.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose

The squeeze (trash compactor )is still pretty tight. The climb out at the end has been complicated by collapse of the hill/cliff behind it.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
@Pile of parts @Bart and someone else blew the door right off my dumpster as they passed me this morning. They didn’t even waive or flip me off as they passed.

They all looked pretty cool in there train of vehicles going down the road. I would have taken a photo, but I couldn’t catch up.