Pritchett 10/11

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
On Sunday we joined some folks from Tera on Pritchett (or is it Prichard?) :confused: Canyon. The first drop-in obstacle is quite a bit easier than last time I was there (3ish years ago), but after that point, this trail has gotten much tougher! Quite a few of the hardest obstacles on the trail were not even really obstacles a few years ago! My camera was apparently on the wrong setting, because most of my pictures were unusable. Here's a few that will only give you a minor headache. If anyone (named Mandy) got any other good pics, post them!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7190 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7190 (Medium).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_7208 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7208 (Medium).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_7212 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7212 (Medium).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_7232 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7232 (Medium).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 371

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Cool photos. I hope to see some more from this trip.

LT.

Me too! :)

I know Mandy has at least some, so as soon as she has some minutes to download and go through them, I'll add.

I'm still embarrassed I wasn't able to go up Rocker Knocker more smoothly, but thanks for the re-righting. :guilty:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Me too! :)

I know Mandy has at least some, so as soon as she has some minutes to download and go through them, I'll add.

I'm still embarrassed I wasn't able to go up Rocker Knocker more smoothly, but thanks for the re-righting. :guilty:

I'm pretty sure you've re-righted me more times than the other way around, though I haven't been keeping score. :)

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
The first drop-in obstacle is quite a bit easier than last time I was there (3ish years ago), but after that point, this trail has gotten much tougher!

It seems like that canyon is always changing. chewy hill seems to get taller all the time. was that hill a dirt trail 3 yrs ago?
Nice pics! sweet door stall!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
It seems like that canyon is always changing. chewy hill seems to get taller all the time. was that hill a dirt trail 3 yrs ago?
Nice pics! sweet door stall!

I remember some little ledges where Chewy is, but the rock ramp at the bottom was not there. Yeah, it was mostly dirt, nothing challenging in the light of rocker knocker or rock pile. The climb right before rock pile is what's changed the most. It was all filled in with dirt, except for some ledges to the left. Now all the dirt is gone, and it's a big steep climb to the right, or an off-camber slippery rock to the left. Does this obstacle have a name? Yellow hill has changed a lot too!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Yep, that's Axle Hill... then rock pile, then yellow hill and the top. :) Axle hill used to be fun in a technical way, you had to drive in off-camber and pull a hard left to drive up. Now it's a slippery and tall straight shot up and right.

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
I know there a lot of different names for everything in Moab, but Red Rocks call that hill Amen Corner, because it was a corner back 10 years ago. You would drive around a small corner and come to that off camber ledge at the top and it would tip you out over the creek just enough to scare you and your passangers. What ever you call it, it's a fun obsticle. :)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I know there a lot of different names for everything in Moab, but Red Rocks call that hill Amen Corner, because it was a corner back 10 years ago. You would drive around a small corner and come to that off camber ledge at the top and it would tip you out over the creek just enough to scare you and your passangers. What ever you call it, it's a fun obsticle. :)

I've never heard it called that, but I wouldn't doubt it! :D That are still used to have the sand berm just above the wash up until a couple years ago. I actually like it more from the technical stand point when it was like that. But like you said, it is a fun one no matter.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I remember some little ledges where Chewy is, but the rock ramp at the bottom was not there. Yeah, it was mostly dirt, nothing challenging in the light of rocker knocker or rock pile. The climb right before rock pile is what's changed the most. It was all filled in with dirt, except for some ledges to the left. Now all the dirt is gone, and it's a big steep climb to the right, or an off-camber slippery rock to the left. Does this obstacle have a name? Yellow hill has changed a lot too!

yeah 3 to 4 years back that whole wash (lower section of axle hill) was filed with sand. that spot seems like it changed overnight. It has stayed the same over the last couple years.
I watched some old footage (25 yrs old) of my buddies dad taking his CJ through pritchet & the rock pile was only 2 feet tall. he was bragging to us, telling us that was one of the toughest spots in moab.

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
Have never heard of Amen Corner. It's called Axle hill now because Ms. Susan Stevens broke 3 axles there all in one go. RR4W'ers who currently run this trail have changed the name and Mr. Chuck Wells has it listed that way in his book too.

Chewy has made the biggest change since I've been running PC and is getting yucky which is why we have 2 winch anchors up there now. After that is Rocker Knocker which I see you all enjoyed. Next we call it broken step, followed by Axle Hill, Rock Pile or Son of Rockpile depending on your option and the two lines of Yellow Hill.

Glad you guys had a great time. I see our fence is still intact around Chewy!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Pics! Strangely enough, they're mostly of Rockmonkey. (Mandy didn't get out of the 4runner that often)

IMG_0874-1.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg