GOAT

Back from the beyond
With the help of a few good friends i was able to make a little more progress on the teardown today:cool:

once kiel and i tossed the cage out, jenn got to work vacuuming about three pounds of texas and utah cedar needles out of the tub.
002-20.jpg

removed the rockers and fenders. hooray for extra parts!!
015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

once vacuumed, the plasma made short work of the tub
009-6.jpg

010-7.jpg

there goes the neighborhood:rofl:
013-5.jpg

back in its home, for now
014-2.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Looking great! I can kinda visualize what's going to happen now.
BTW - does Jenn know you're posting pics of her on RME? :guilty:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
BTW - does Jenn know you're posting pics of her on RME? :guilty:

consider jenn on rme by proxy:p The question should really be. "does Jenn know what you're doing to her mini?" The answer will be no, since she is a bit oblivious and doesn't check RME.

Last edited by a moderator:

mierdota

this thing is so cool, i was kinda sick of jeeps and jeep projects and was thinking of doing a old muscle car or something really fast, but the further you get the more you inspire me to get my jeep project going this thing is so damn sick!

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
Do the neighbors look at you like your crazy when they see you hacking away at that thing? I know mine would have a cow if I tried doing that in my driveway :rofl::rofl:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Do the neighbors look at you like your crazy when they see you hacking away at that thing? I know mine would have a cow if I tried doing that in my driveway :rofl::rofl:

One jumped out of his truck and helped us pull the cage:D

GOAT

Back from the beyond
this thing is so cool, i was kinda sick of jeeps and jeep projects and was thinking of doing a old muscle car or something really fast, but the further you get the more you inspire me to get my jeep project going this thing is so damn sick!

thanks for the words of encouragement

surprisingly, my neighbors are really cool. ive been here for five years and had all sorts of jeeps, trailers and cars parked in front of my house. they've also tolerated the noise coming from the garage in both musical and mechanical form. I keep the peace by raking their leaves, shoveling snow and lending a helping hand when needed. that seems to goes a long way.

funny that you mentioned it though. jenn walked across the street and made sure the neighbors weren't showing their house the day of the teardown:p

One jumped out of his truck and helped us pull the cage:D

how awesome was that!

Are you willing to sell the heater core out of it? Maybe the tube fenders too?

keeping the heater since Jenn and i are wusses. the fenders will soon be getting refinished, primered and list for sale. ill let you know when i listed them.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
That thing is looking pretty good. I really didn't take that close of a look at it yesterday since you were getting ready to leave.

Those sliders cleaned up pretty good, I'll be putting them on tonight. Thanks.

Lifelong Jeeper

What did you say you got your D70u out of? I tried searching the post and it was turning into reading the whole thing again. It's easier to ask.

Thanks.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
*getting closer*

Took time this afternoon to remove the bodymounts and get the frame prepped for boatsides. Early this week i'll cut the coilbuckets off and remove the inner fenders. After that, its off to get tubed out:cool:

look at this mess
001-25.jpg

the plasma made short work of it
004-18.jpg

ready after an hour or so of misery and a 7" grinder
007-11.jpg

front passenger side
008-9.jpg

done
009-7.jpg

teh sexy:rofl:
010-8.jpg