Propane on a 4 cyl...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
OK, to start off with, I know little to nothing about propane running on an engine... I've been searching & reading, but still have a few questions.

How does one determine what size mixer is needed? (I'd like to run propane on a 22R, 2.4 liters, FYI. Eventually it'll probably be turbocharged, so keep that in mind as far as the required mixer.)

Where can you find the parts, other than propane kits that cost nearly $1000? I've been searching E-Bay, but don't know what all I'd need.

SAJ

LURCH!
talk to the guy at gotpropane.com. i didnt have the $ for one of their kits. so he told me where i could find the parts and the correct mixer and such to use. good guy

R

rockdog

Greg, I just did this on my truck. I got all my stuff from the propane guy. He's got a web site under that name. He's out of Canada. I think I was into the shut off valve, vaporizer and mixer about $220 ish. I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with the performance. The propane guys don't want to tell you what mixer to run, because you could source the parts to do it yourself for way cheaper than their $1000 kits. I used a impco 225 mixer. Were I to do it again I'd probably go with a 200. I had to fab an adapter to marry a toy throttle plate to the mixer. ( two totally differant shapes) If you want to know more fill free to give me a call. Phil 785-3184

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Impco 225 for 4 to 6 cyl

425 for small block v8

450 for big block v8

and these mixers can be adjusted some for your displacement by changing the springs in them.

I have a 425 and a 450 with evaps and shutoffs Im selling pending buyer getting back with me. but they are too big for 22r.

ebay always has them, usually sold by canadians.

harkinoff

something to do...
Pick-N-Pull, they always have **** for the small stuff Foreign junk. I just scored a 425 with side mount, model E and fuel lock for my dually for 56 bucks... Oh and a 425 is plenty big for a 454 ;)

Bud

'98 ZJ
I know nothing of propane systems and what they'll work for, but I know it is cheaper than the 9 mpg I get in my V-10 Dodge. Do you guys know if there are systems for it? What kind of power losses were you getting vs. mpg gains?