Proud father moments

Corban_White

Finally got all the roofs finished. My kids did the whole garage with only a little direction from me (except the ridge shingles, I did those, they are a pain!).

IMG_20240718_191439444.jpg

IMG_20240718_191540254_HDR.jpg

No picture of my son on the finished product, but I do have him in this one partway through.

IMG_20240527_194135563.jpg

They're still teenagers with all that comes along with being teenagers, but they are pretty darn good ones. They can and will work hard if properly motivated.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
My two and a half year old is already obsessed with "My jeep" and "Dads Truck."
I was working on ignition coils in the truck today and she yells "Dad I'm coming up" thinking she was gonna climb up the step stool I use to get in and out of the engine bay and just peak at what I was doing.
Nope, she climbed all the way up into the engine bay.
IMG_0108.jpeg

After that I took her out in the jeep for the first time now that I finally got it running again and she was super excited to drive around the neighborhood.
IMG_0112.jpeg

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Hell yeah! So awesome. I love to see the kids out getting it done in the field.
After she shot we waited a bit to go check for blood. I told her it is okay if she missed. She said, "I did not miss!" She was right :). As soon as the elk came in she was shaking like crazy. After the shot she was shaking the whole tree stand. During the shot she was stone cold. It was pretty fun to be part of.

DesertRam

After she shot we waited a bit to go check for blood. I told her it is okay if she missed. She said, "I did not miss!" She was right :). As soon as the elk came in she was shaking like crazy. After the shot she was shaking the whole tree stand. During the shot she was stone cold. It was pretty fun to be part of.
Totally understand. I wrote a long story on another website about my youngest daughter's first big game hunt, for pronghorn. I won't bore you with all of the story, but I'll share the final paragraph that summarizes it:

I have been involved in many hunts, some great, some less than great, some wonderful, and some downright unpleasant. I have helped adults and kids alike fill their first and later tags. In all that, I have never been around a kid who got as excited as Sarah did after the shot. She was cool as a cucumber until she pulled the trigger, but as soon as the buck was down, she nearly screamed with incredible excitement “I got him Daddy, I got him! Did you see that? He went down so fast! I got him! I can’t believe it. I got him!” She was absolutely stoked. I couldn’t help but feel the same. I was overcome with pride, gratification, and sheer joy. Still am. This will go down as one of my greatest hunting experiences. I can’t wait for the next!

mesha

By endurance we conquer
That's a tough day. Good one, but tough. WAY harder on my wife than I expected fwiw. Give your lovely bride a hug from the Bryson family
I really couldn't believe how hard the drive home was. Of course, we are glad he is following his beliefs, but dang.
I served in Guayaquil several decades ago. Beautiful country and people! They will care for him!
People all seem to agree that the people of Ecuador are amazing. I am sure he is doing better than me :)
What is the deal with all these kids being grown up all the sudden? I feel like that has to mean I'm just old.

- DAA
Tell me about it. I just can't believe we are here.