Public Libraries

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I feel like a heathen compared to you guys

In the past 10 years I have probably used a library one time to look up an old newspaper article on microfilm. That same info is on the internet now.

Other than that I have been inside a handful of times to vote

I would rather have that $60 credit back to me that I could use for e-book purchases. It seems like everything I want to read is more current and easier to find online that the library. Pre-Internet days the Internet was the place to go for research, but for me it does not even cross my mind when I have the Internet in front of me all day

My wife/kids do go semi-often. Maybe once or twice every 6 weeks

i haven't been to a library in over 20 years but i have no problem with having to pay taxes for them.. i personally dont think i would ever use one but i think we should have them for others to enjoy. im sure i will go to a library one of these days. my daughter is getting older and soon i know i will be taking her to go check out books..

roverrocks

Went to the library today. There are three checked out novels in my house at the moment. I go at least twice a week to look through the new book section and read magazines. I can't afford new novels/histories/biographies and I so get on library waiting lists for the latest books. I like real books, real magazines, and real newspapers in my hands. The libraries wherever I have lived have always been the most important institutions in town for me. Many men don't go to libraries much and many don't ever read. Far more women read and use libraries excluding my wife who reads almost nothing. That is sad to me. Libraries are golden institutions to me and I can't live w/o them.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Haven't been in Many Many years, except for a meeting that was held in WJ once.. but my wife takes the kids often... they like to get the movies, we don't have cable or tv so it's a special treat for them to see a movie occasionally

Caleb

Haven't been in Many Many years, except for a meeting that was held in WJ once.. but my wife takes the kids often... they like to get the movies, we don't have cable or tv so it's a special treat for them to see a movie occasionally
How do they watch the movies without a TV?