Jeep Rad TJ TTB build

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
A local buddy (Dillon) here in GJ is building a killer pre-runner / crawler TJ with front I-Beam TTB, trailing arms, air bumps and bypass shocks. He's going to run 37 BFG KM3's on the TJ, the axles are Ford truck parts. He's hoping that it'll be very capable bombing thru the desert at speed, in addition to being capable enough for Billings, 21 Road etc. The fab work is impressive, even more so when you understand that he's in college, fabbing outside and building on a limited budget.

Thought I'd share it here, it looks like its going to be a blast! Can't wait to see it on the trail.

i-2szbJgR-X2.jpg

i-Ztn3Qmc-X2.jpg

i-xKbz3kL-X2.jpg

i-Ck3SLMP-X2.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Awesome. Steering is my favorite part of the engineering that goes into go-fast whoop scissors

The swing set steering is crazy, took me a bit to wrap my head around how it all works. 😁

The little hydro assistant cyl is awesome, Dillon mentioned using a longer cyl to get full turn both directions, so it's still in the works.

This build will be interesting to follow. Lots of fab skills and creativity.

Yeah, it's impressive work to say the least!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
This stuff makes my brain go all woobly. I don't understand how cycling the suspension doesn't change the effective length of the long side shaft way too much. Is there a slip joint in it or something? Help me grok.