Radio commercial

jp008

Listening to X-96 last night I heard a commercial for SUWA. :mad2: I must have looked like an idiot driving down the road yelling at my radio. Oh well. Anyone else heard this? Damn this pisses me off.

Sorry just had to vent. Thanks for listening, be back soon.

JoeT

Just heard it myself.:mad2: Basically their saying that old trails and fireroads will get turned into highways for ORVS. Lots of background sounds of ATV's ripping it up. Seems ORV's are SUWA's favorite target.-_- I was wondering if it's because ORVers aren't as organized as 4wheelers are. Seems SUWA is pushing a "Not with my money slogan" about RS 2477.

Quote from SUWA:
The state of Utah has spent millions of taxpayer dollars on roads to nowhere, battling for bogus RS 2477 highways.
It's your money. Tell your leaders you want to preserve Utah's special places like wilderness areas and national parks. Tell them not to risk either Utah's natural beauty or the economic stability it creates by wasting money on a spiderweb of needless and destructive highways across our remaining wide open spaces .

They even have links on their site to the Trib and Morning news on their site. I think we could use those links.:D
letters@sltrib.com
letters@desnews.com
opinions@thespectrum.com
governor@state.ut.us
Find your local reps
http://www.le.state.ut.us/documents/find.htm
http://se16.utahsenate.org/perl/spage/roster2005.pl
http://le.utah.gov/house/members2005/membertable1.asp

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Nope Simmons Media Group Station....

I hate the comercial too!!!!
But, I am all for standing up for a cause, but if I stopped listen to, shopping at, going to any place/company/whatever that I disagreed with politically, I would not be able to leave the home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a PAID SUWA commercial, not a public anouncement. Even though I disagree with the message they have every right to purchase airtime just like any other organization. Why doesn't "our" side have comercials.....MONEY. We (myself included) do not donate to OUR organizations. Our organizations are not funded well enough to buy this kind of air time!!

I would suggest (and am doing) that instead of "boycotting" X96 for running a PAID add, Those of us that listen should do our part and donate to BRC/USA-ALL/U4WDA etc. Write a letter to simmons if you wish....

JMHO;)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We should make our own commercial. Atleast our commecial would hold more logic and truth than their propoganda.

Caleb

yeah, I heard that commercial last night...I was definitely annoyed. I have quit listening to Radio from Hell in the morning cause I can't stand how slanted those three are but like Milner said, I'd be stuck in my home if I boycotted any company I disagreed with.

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
EKSJAE said:
what does it cost to put a 30 sec. spot on the radio?

I would be willing to put up some of my hard earned cash for one...

I would be cool to invite everyone to help us make a difference by joining cleanups... some sort of thing like that...

mr_blove

ask me if I care
I dont think writing them and saying you dont listen to them anymore cause you dont like what they air will do any good, cause my girlfriend's friend did that and all they(numbnuts in the morning) did was read it on the air and make fun of him. just my 2cents

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
5DollerShake said:
I would be willing to put up some of my hard earned cash for one...

I would be cool to invite everyone to help us make a difference by joining cleanups... some sort of thing like that...

Depends on what time it is. I could ask my media buyer if you're serious.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
mr_blove said:
I dont think writing them and saying you dont listen to them anymore cause you dont like what they air will do any good, cause my girlfriend's friend did that and all they(numbnuts in the morning) did was read it on the air and make fun of him. just my 2cents
If you are ever asked you just say you listen to some other radio station. Pick the wierdest one off the list: http://www.shgresources.com/ut/radio/

I've heard the commercial. It sounds like the tree huggers are sitting in the parking lot at the sand dunes and claiming it's a wilderness area. :mad2:

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
mbryson said:
Depends on what time it is. I could ask my media buyer if you're serious.

i by no means have the capacity to afford something like that by my lonesome... I could contribute a small amount... ...I drive an XJ....:rofl:

Turbobob

Semper Fi
I heard the same $h**y add on KSL this morning. they are saying we need to contact Gov Huntsman & tell him to stop wasting our money on highways to nowhere. Good luck with that...the Gov is an avid dirt biker! Funny how this comes out in time to get all the greenies in an uproar before EJS and spring time riding season:rolleyes:

Clutch

I heard those rat turds commercial too. I was yelling at the radio too!!

One thing that was interesting, and i can't quote it perfectly, but I thought they said said something about a compromise on this issue? Did I hear right?

The whole "Not my Money" is SUWA's new slogan. Well, IMHO, STOP FIGHTING US, and no money would haft to be spent!!