Suzuki Rallytop Sport two piece hard top for samurai

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I've heard of them, but never seen one up close. Probably because they almost cost as much as a Samurai! :D I really like the design of this one. If you don't ever plan on having passengers in the winter, making the cab area smaller will certainly help the Samurai's little heater keep you warm.
This is one of the reasons that I wanted a tin top. I can roll down the windows in the summer and stay pretty cool, but it stays quite a bit warmer in the winter than a soft top.

str8axleguy

Ya I thought about a tintop too but liked the convertible idea for summer. The good thing about these it that you can take the front part above the seats off and keep the back. I have no backseat and don't really want one. Four people in a sami makes for a slow sami. I work out of the sami sometimes so it would be nice to be able to lock up tools and stuff. As for making the cab smaller I am currently running the fastback style soft top and it helps but just is drafty with no way to seal it all up. I would like the quiet factor as well.

redneckbronco

I had something similar when i had my Sammi, it was almost a day and nite difference. you still get alot of road noise but the temperature is much better. Although the road noise may have been the 33in swamprs i was running with no carpet:)

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
There's a sami running around South Jordan with one of those. Every time I see it I do a double take. Good looking top.

str8axleguy

Well that sucks I was hoping to have the only one:rofl:. That is good to hear it looks good. To me it's the best looking hardtop I have seen for them so I guess that's what I will be going with. Anyone have a good source on money trees? I could sure use a couple.

Mope

Well that sucks I was hoping to have the only one:rofl:. That is good to hear it looks good. To me it's the best looking hardtop I have seen for them so I guess that's what I will be going with. Anyone have a good source on money trees? I could sure use a couple.

I've tried planting pennies in the backyard for years now with no luck on anything sprouting. If you figure out the secret, please share!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
That is really good looking.. I had a two piece soft top, and loved it. But I totally agree on the heating factor of a smaller cab, and I aslo never had rear passengers. Slow is an understatement..

How does the back section function? Does it lift up with gas struts?

Since storage is a main issue with these little rigs, I think a rack situated over the rear would be really cool.. With enough room for the trunk rear hatch thing to open of course..

str8axleguy

Ya the back is on gas struts and is keyed so it can be locked on both sides, kinda like a truck topper. I do agree that storage is a huge factor. I have the slant back top that is smaller than a regular top, here is a pichttp://lowrangeoffroad.com/samsofttop.htm its called the sprint top. It is functional but I hate getting into the back because the snaps are a PITA to open when its cold. It would be much better for access to the truck bed portion which is how I use it. I will be getting one soon so when I do I will post up and anybody can check it out if they want, only if you take me on some trails too:rofl:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
For sure, that will be an awesome setup then.. Look into building a rack that could sit up above the lid in the rear.. A rack would make an awesome spot to mount some ammo boxes with tow straps and other random crap, cooler, camping gear, Hi-Lift, spare d-lines, etc.. That way you can keep your tools, OBA, clothes, guns, and other stuff under lock and key.. I love it, that's a cool top.

I had a two piece canvas top from Best-top on my sami.. I really enjoyed it, and had no issues with it.. Cold, yes.. But it is what it is..

Last edited: