RANT: Does anyone else hate 90% of ATV's and Dirt Bikes on the trails?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I wonder how long this will go on. I'm sure when Jeeps first became popular people hated that someone in a Jeep could get way back into the wilderness without hiking or riding a horse. Then came dirt bikes and ATV's and UTV's. Then throw in the mtn bikers hating the horseback riders hating the motorcycle riders hating the hikers hating the utv guys. Why the hell can't people just understand that not everyone has your unique prism of experience and therefore your specific taste for recreating in x,y or z fashion. The following was written by my little brother concerning a different issue but it fits here well.

Dear Everyone,
Please remember that we are all humans and the more we look at generalizations to divide ourselves, the worse off we all become. Democrat/Republican, Religious/Secular, Straight/Gay, Pro-Gun/Anti-Gun are nice little boxes that we try and fit people into in order to judge them. The problem is that we end up judging a lot of people that don't fit into those boxes based on the actions of a few idiots that don't really represent the box we are judging. How about we just accept each other, not just in spite of our differences, but because of them as well. The dynamic nature of individuality means that we all experience the world very differently and last time I checked, there is no pre requisite of being the exact same as me in order for me to accept you. How amazing it is when diversity is a tool for learning and understanding rather than segregation and superiority. That is the true nature of charity and we will all be better off practicing it.

Thanks,

R

rockdog

Glockman, I think your little bro is a senseative and wise person. I don't see that ever happening unfortunately. The world we live in is filled with hate. I don't hate people who want to save the earth. But I have a problem with them wanting to force their views on me and wanting to take away my hobbies because in their eyes I'm ruining the world. I don't think that conflict will ever go away. Someone sees me as different and so they want to behead me. Sorry, that I don't think the same way, but I think I'd like to keep my head thanks! Even if there aren't a lot of brain cells left in it.:ugh:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Dear Everyone,
Please remember that we are all humans and the more we look at generalizations to divide ourselves, the worse off we all become. Democrat/Republican, Religious/Secular, Straight/Gay, Pro-Gun/Anti-Gun are nice little boxes that we try and fit people into in order to judge them. The problem is that we end up judging a lot of people that don't fit into those boxes based on the actions of a few idiots that don't really represent the box we are judging. How about we just accept each other, not just in spite of our differences, but because of them as well. The dynamic nature of individuality means that we all experience the world very differently and last time I checked, there is no pre requisite of being the exact same as me in order for me to accept you. How amazing it is when diversity is a tool for learning and understanding rather than segregation and superiority. That is the true nature of charity and we will all be better off practicing it.

Thanks,

I am of the same opinion. It's really hard to change the mind of a group of people. But it is possible to change one at a time. Every chance I get, I take the time to engage a hiker,biker,horser, etc in conversation. I try to comment on how pretty it is, or how lucky we are to live in such a great state with soo much to see. I always ask if they need anything to drink or eat (even when I don't have anything.. They never accept) I hope that by being kind and generous, they at least will think twice about lumping the 'offroad' people together.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Glockman, I think your little bro is a senseative and wise person. I don't see that ever happening unfortunately. The world we live in is filled with hate. I don't hate people who want to save the earth. But I have a problem with them wanting to force their views on me and wanting to take away my hobbies because in their eyes I'm ruining the world. I don't think that conflict will ever go away. Someone sees me as different and so they want to behead me. Sorry, that I don't think the same way, but I think I'd like to keep my head thanks! Even if there aren't a lot of brain cells left in it.:ugh:
Obviously to live in a free society where individuals are allowed to pursue their own happiness there has to be mutual respect. Wanting to behead someone is not mutual respect.
The point is stop a person who is doing something you don't agree with and talk to them. They probably won't fit the box you have put them in. I have some tree higher friends that I really like. They aren't militant and we respect each other for the valid arguments we each have.