Rattlesnake and Constictor

Mosquito

I am going with my cousin to do Rattlesnake and hopefully Constrictor on thursday and then to American fork canyon to camp thursday night and then do the canyon on friday. I have not been on any of these trails and would like to know if this is possible in this time frame? If so if anyone is interested that would be great to see ya out there.

Paco

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Barring any breakage delays, you could easily run both snakes, and still have enough time to get up AF canyon to find a campsite.:)

Mosquito

since I have never been to either one of the snakes and all I know as far as location is that rattlesnake is off of little moab, where abouts is constrictor to rattlesnake?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
little moab isn't even close to the snakes, probably like 15-20 miles.. Look in the gps section for coordinates.

Meat_

Banned
Since you've never been to the snakes and I've no idea what you are driving I'm going to throw this up.... please do not even attempt Con if you're rig isn't > = to the sign at the beginning, the bypasses are getting out of control and are endangering the trail. The picture I've attached shows the beginning of the Constrictor and if you cannot drive the first obstacle you do not belong on the trail.

WJ ZUK said:
little moab isn't even close to the snakes, probably like 15-20 miles.. Look in the gps section for coordinates.

It's about 20 miles to the pavement and than another 5 or so...

Attachments

• Con trail .jpg
    Con trail .jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 85

bretto

Willytime
Come on, that is what the bypass is for. As far as I remember that is the only major bypass anyway. Once you get passed there and run into something else that you cant get passed then is the time to turn back. I've seen slightly modified open rigs make it all the way to the eagle's nest cliff (if that is the name) b4 turning back. Go have at it and have fun, just dont be dumb.;)

Badger

I am the Brute squad
bretto said:
Come on, that is what the bypass is for. As far as I remember that is the only major bypass anyway. Once you get passed there and run into something else that you cant get passed then is the time to turn back. I've seen slightly modified open rigs make it all the way to the eagle's nest cliff (if that is the name) b4 turning back. Go have at it and have fun, just dont be dumb.;)

thats the exact atitude that has ruined Constrictor.the trail has been widened and ruined to the point it is no longer the trail that it was.

if you can't take the true path don't do it.end of story.

bretto

Willytime
Agreed, but who designated what a trail was anyway? I dont know and could be educated. Is wayne's world part of the trail. I bet not. I am by no means one to drive off course but in that specific area, driving thru there one would think the 'bypass' was the trail and the rocky part was more of a challenge off road but maybe that could be an arguement of oppinion. Nothing is marked so who is to say. Anyway I am not trying to be an ass, just telling the guy to go have fun and be responsible.
Brett

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
bretto said:
Agreed, but who designated what a trail was anyway? I dont know and could be educated. Is wayne's world part of the trail. I bet not. I am by no means one to drive off course but in that specific area, driving thru there one would think the 'bypass' was the trail and the rocky part was more of a challenge off road but maybe that could be an arguement of oppinion. Nothing is marked so who is to say. Anyway I am not trying to be an ass, just telling the guy to go have fun and be responsible.
Brett
That bypass was never there until a bunch of bozo's put it there. Soon, the by pass will not be there and the sage brush will grow back.

Personally, there is way too much ground to cover to try and do RS, The Con, and AF.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Shawn said:
This statement is just flat out pathetic. You should be ashamed that you wheel.

glad you said that !! i so wanted to make a post telling him to sell his 4 wheel drive and to go buy a ricer and to hang with those idiots instead.

Last edited:

bretto

Willytime
Sheesh, if you would read/quote my post, I said I dont know! Seems alot of peep just post on here to badger each other (no pun intended Badger:D )for the sake of argument. I agree that we all need to stay on the trail !, but coming back to the issue at hand, at that point on the trail it looks like the bypass is the trail and the other is just an obstical. If it where to be blocked off some how then people wouldn't/shouldn't go that way. Also if you look where the sign was placed at the start of the trail it, most people would assume that was the trail anyway! Why don't you guys sell your ****, what kind of statment is that? This is getting out of hand. Anyway Paco go have a good time!:)

Last edited:

Cherokeester

This subject has been hammered to death, trust me. I would recommend that if you haven't run these trails before, you do them with someone who has. You would probably get a few volunteers if you posted that desire. That way you will be on trail and no-one freaks out. And it is just safer.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
see the sign was to your right as you came up to the first obsticle .you used to drop down in the ravine early and you would come up pointing right into the first obsticle.now there is a line that goes straight across the top of the ravine then straight through it and up the other side.........

as Cherokeester said if you have never been make a a post asking for a guide.thats the easiest way.the trail was an easy 4+ now it has been reduced to a 3 easy by all the widening due to people who should be on it going up the trail and trying to sneak around obsticles that are there

Meat_

Banned
bretto said:
..driving thru there one would think the 'bypass' was the trail and the rocky part was more of a challenge off road..
Which is why I posted the picture.

bretto said:
..but maybe that could be an arguement of oppinion..
No oppinuendo here, it's a set fact that it's an ILLEGAL bypass on a road that has been there for a long long long time.

bretto

Willytime
Meat_ said:
Which is why I posted the picture.
Thanks, now I know. In fact I didnt know this till this post and pic-thanks:D . Been out there b4 with guys from this board and another known XJ site and they never went that way.

No oppinuendo here, it's a set fact that it's an ILLEGAL bypass on a road that has been there for a long long long time.
Cool thanks for the info:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Its nice to get helpful info-thanks Meat
Didn't feel I deserved to be harped on though by others, come on now....grow up.:p

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
bretto said:
Didn't feel I deserved to be harped on though by others, come on now....grow up.:p
I assume you are speaking to me so, all I can say is, Stop posting stupid remarks and people will just pass you by.