rattlesnake & constrictor

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
i took these video's over the last couple weekends.

i attempted to get video of myself this last sat but led the group up and only got the 1 shot of myself.. maybe next time.

one of the other guys has some footage of me attempting waynes world in the yota, i'll post it up as soon as i get it.

aug 10th:

[video=youtube;rhFU2UL7Sz4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhFU2UL7Sz4[/video]

aug 17th:

[video=youtube;t9GV7he1wCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9GV7he1wCQ[/video]

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
It was close. My hold down was an aluminum strap where the stock bracket goes, with a big chunk of rubber used as a shim because the Optima is shorter than the stock battery. I thought it was nice and secure, but vibrations must have worked the rubber out and the battery started bouncing around, and the pos terminal shorted out against the throttle body. It melted the terminal and the nipple for one of the larger vac hoses, and caught the hose itself on fire. We ended up cutting the hose short and using rescue tape (awesome stuff!) to hold vacuum, and cutting up a mudflap to replace the shim holding my battery in place.

The mad rush to catch it was impressive - I heard Casey yell out that he saw sparks, and then I think it took me all of two seconds to see smoke, cut the power, throw on the ebrake, pop the hood and be out the door, and by that time somebody had already come running up my driver's side and snagged my fire extinguisher on the way, and by the time I got to the front of the truck Casey's friend already had his shirt off and the fire out. It's too bad we were all in a hurry to split from the Chevron at the end of the day, because I owe everybody out there a beer or two.

I'm looking for a battery box, if you know anybody that's got one for sale. :)

blznnp

nice to hear about the fast reaction and not everyone standing around just watching. are you looking for a factory battery box or a aftermarket one? I made my own and haven't had a problem with it yet (the fuse blowing wasn't due to the box, I think it was due to a broken fuse holder).

monsteryota

Ya the fire was scary glad my ripped off mud flap worked I have the stills of the damage ill send them right over. It was a fun trail run when is the next and where? The monster yota worked well for how it was just thrown together. Now my tcases are leaking from some where and I cant find where. I was suprised with the fj and how well it did. I think some better tires and Waynes world will be conquered.

blznnp

You should post some pics in your build thread, I wanna see.

ha, a build thread, I move way to slow for that. I basically made a box without a top of course an put it where I wanted it then welded on tabs for it to bolt into some preexisting holes in the fender an frame. Still need to do a hold down but so far I haven't had a problem. Battery fits snug. I will get you a pic of it an send it to your phone.