Jeep RE long arm upgrade or....

It's time to cut the Alaska cord and upgrade to a more Utah friendly long arm kit. I currently run the Rubicon Express 4.5" Super-Flex. All four control arm are adjustable and I plan on finally installing the 1" body lift that has been new in the box for 3 years now. My question is: Should I stick with RE and pay out the nose for more arms and brackets without gaining any lift hight? Or is it possible to piece together lower mounting brackets and 5.5" springs? I'm looking to do this in the spring so I have time to research and save.

Thanks, Mike

GOAT

Back from the beyond
It's time to cut the Alaska cord and upgrade to a more Utah friendly long arm kit. I currently run the Rubicon Express 4.5" Super-Flex. All four control arm are adjustable and I plan on finally installing the 1" body lift that has been new in the box for 3 years now. My question is: Should I stick with RE and pay out the nose for more arms and brackets without gaining any lift hight? Or is it possible to piece together lower mounting brackets and 5.5" springs? I'm looking to do this in the spring so I have time to research and save.

Thanks, Mike

mike, i will assume you are running a swb tj and will recommend this kit. You can't go wrong buying products from clayton.
http://claytonoffroad.com/product_info.php/cPath/17_42/products_id/137

Keep your RE springs & shocks ETC and sell off your shortarms to off-set some of the cost.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
What's your end goal??

Personaly, I'd keep the 4.5" SF kit, do a tummy tuck and some trimming to fit larger than 35" tires (if you wanted).

That's a great kit with lots of flex. The only real downside is that it still uses track bars front/rear causing suspension binding issues.

I'm surprised Goat didn't suggest the same thing... But I will agree completely with him on the Clayton stuff and if that's what you wanted, that kit would be perfect.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
What's your end goal??

Personaly, I'd keep the 4.5" SF kit, do a tummy tuck and some trimming to fit larger than 35" tires (if you wanted).

That's a great kit with lots of flex. The only real downside is that it still uses track bars front/rear causing suspension binding issues.

I'm surprised Goat didn't suggest the same thing... But I will agree completely with him on the Clayton stuff and if that's what you wanted, that kit would be perfect.

good point wayne.

If you're set on LAs, claytons is a good investment. If you want to keep SAs, get ready to drop it a couple of inches. Ive run SAs with 35s in the past and would do it again. However, it would be on 2" coils and 1" BL with the tummy & gastank tucks.

This LCG rig worked very well.
IMG_2844.jpg