General Tech Rear Bumper Situation on Nissan Patrol. Opinions and help needed

P-Troll

Hello, Okay this may take a little while to explain and is a long story so I will try not to fill this with minuscule details but cut to the points.
I have a 1969 Nissan Patrol (fj40 ish) and last summer had new rear and front bumpers welded on with the rear having a dual swing away setup. (one side cans other is the tire carrier) Well the Guy I had do is did a really scabby job and agreed to fix the issues I had. (can holder basket too small, hinges were very rickety and not solid, Bolts that the tire fasten to broke off) Later he supposedly moved out of the state and bailed on me. I wrote it off as a loss and cut all the lousy hinges and other items on the rear bumper that involved the gate.I was left with a plain rear bumper.
I painted the bumper, threw some lights on it and planned on using my old tire carrier but It will not work so I need to hack off the bumper and put a whole new setup on. (which I think may be the best route) Or have someone install a sturdy tire carrier to the bumper that currently exists.

What do you all think I should do?

The guy who did my bumpers also did a roll cage for me and tied it into the frame. I ran into another issue last night while I was inspecting the vehicle. The bar tube that is tied into the frame is too close to my tire and I noticed that there is rubbing if I go over a bump. I am now being a little bit skeptical of the work quality interfering with my safety.

Should I just pull the whole cage out and have someone do it right or should I fix the present issues and deal?

Needless to say I go screwed on the quality of work done. I will admit that I was looking for a deal and if it would have been done correctly It would have been but now I am left with a boat load of problems. It's like they say "you get what you pay for."

These are pictures of the rear bumper at present and the front bumper (I wanted that shorter)

Attachments

• Wasatch Interior Pictures 003.jpg
    Wasatch Interior Pictures 003.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Wasatch Interior Pictures 004.jpg
    Wasatch Interior Pictures 004.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 18

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Wow, sweet rig! First and foremost check out the Relic Run 2010.

Second, I would recommend having someone who knows what they're doing look at what currently on the rug. It sounds like you got hosed in the deal if all of it has to come off and start from scratch.

I recommend calling Robby Flandro at BlackSheep Industries for the cage and bumpers. If you want to go a more expensive route, and have the sweetest Patrol in NA then hands down call Ben Hanks Racing.

Robby 801-550-61 nine three
Ben Hanks 801-529-9731

P-Troll

The relic run looks like a good time. Thanks for the contacts and information. I am going to check some stuff out. I hopefully wont have to jerk off everything but will if need be.

P-Troll

Pictures

As requested... Sorry I just went out and snapped these and so sorry about the other random cars and background distractions. This gives a better representation of the roll bar also. I just took the hard top off a few days ago.

Attachments

• Patrolz 004.jpg
    Patrolz 004.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Patrolz 005.jpg
    Patrolz 005.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Patrolz 006.jpg
    Patrolz 006.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Patrolz 007.jpg
    Patrolz 007.jpg