Redneck Ram or PSC??

Addiction

Life is Good!!
I am tossing around the idea of having Hydro Assist installed on my Jeep. I am running 38X14.5, and I am a little concerned about getting in those tight spots on the trail. I dont want to break the steering box out on the trail. I know installing the Hydro Assist wont prevent something bad from happening, but it would be better than stock.

Both the PSC and the Redneck Ram have the pro's and con's. If you are running either one I would like to know your opinion? Also, where you had it installed and approx price of both product and install?

Thanks in advance.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I have never ran a redneck ram but after my PSC setup ill just stick with running PSC. It has just been awesome

Venture13

I would recommend a 1.5" or even a 1.25" bore. The faster the better for a hydro assist. It's exactly the way it sounds, Hydro Assist.. Assisting rather than forcing.. Bigger bore rams slow your steering box down really bad.

Trail gear has a cheap 1.5" ram, drill and tap your box and be done with it for less than 200 bucks.. Drilling and tapping for a saginaw box is rather easy, toyotas even easier.