Request for info Providence Canyon - Logan

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming
I am planning a trip to the Logan area this weekend, and I was wondering if Providence Canyon is on the table / open? All the info I can find is pretty dated. Any insight is much appreciated, thanks!

boogie_4wheel

I went up there a ton when in college (01-04) for camping and mild wheeling. There was a flood a few years back and the road has been completely redone; I was amazed at what I saw when we went up there about a year ago. Pull-outs are fenced off, hiking trailheads now, pedal-mashers all over the place. Seemed like it used to be just motorized vehicles up there. Even the North water fall was bermed off so you couldn't drive over there; I have an awesome picture of my '01 F-150 (in 01) sitting over there, I gotta find that.

Getting to the quarry and water falls is a piece of cake. There are a couple little places to play around on bikes or even what you drove up there. I cannot speak for actually heading up the trail toward Logan Peak, I didn't attempt it in the Escape :rolleyes: It was busy up there on a generic Saturday and I was a little put off by it. 13 years ago you were surprised to see more than 2 vehicles.

Another drive (that I personally like) would be to Logan Peak via the Right Hand Fork Rd. Go up Logan Canyon, and head south along Right hand Fork then turn south at the 4way. It wasn't a bad road the last time I was up there, and you could need to lock in the front axle if you want to. Good views from on top.

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming
Awesome, I appreciate the updated info and the recommendation. I will get my nose back in the maps and see what I come up with. I know there aren't a lot of difficult roads up there but I have been on some fun ones. The more difficult the better for this trip though.

(pardon the SN change, this is my more recent one...)

rustyjeep21

Haven't been up since last year. Providence is still great past the quarry that's where most of the bikers etc turn around any how. It's still the toughest trail I know of out of the Logan area and has always been fun. You could loop out on one of the fork trails or Millville canyon if you don't want to backtrack.

LJENS

I was out wandering the mountains two weeks ago and took a wrong turn and found my way down providence canyon. In my stock zr2 s10. Lucky for me, gravity was on my side. I can say with confidence that it is still open and accessible.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

LJENS

Also, the road that connects millville and providence canyons on the backside of the mountain is interesting, though not very difficult.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming
I can merge both profiles, if you like.

Greg, that would be much appreciated! Please do so.

You all pulled my arm, talked me into it :). I'll be headed up Providence Canyon and into the surrounding network of roads Saturday afternoon. Thanks for the updated beta info gentlemen. If you have plans to be out there give a shout out, though we are taking a big hike up there in the morning and I am not sure yet when I will be Jeeping around.

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
Well, how was it? It's been forever since I've been up there. Definitely a fun trail. I figured it would be paved by now, so I'm glad to hear its still in bad shape. :greg: Is that the case? Post pics!