Retirement TJ

Bart

Some of you know and some of you don't, but I made 2 life choices in the very recent past. First and foremost, I decided that 36 years of working at Utah Valley University was enough and I will be retiring at the end of December, 2022. Second, I also talked Greg out of the "Just Another Boring TJ Build" project and picked it up from him last weekend. I'm super stoked for both changes.

I have wanted to build this concept (bobbed tub, small bed on the back) for more than 10 years, and was extremely jealous when Greg started it, and glad now that some of the preliminary work is done. Building the TJ (still working on a name) won't officially start until after I sell my JK, and I need it until the end of Winter 4x4 on January 21, 2023. I'll be taking a similar direction that Greg had planned, LS, 4L60e, Atlas, front full width Ford King Pin 60, Detroit, 4.88s or 5.13s, rear shaved 14 bolt, selectable locker, 14" ORIs on all 4 corners, full hydro steering,yadda yadda yadda.... I'll get it off the trailer in the next week or so, and then it will sit until next month, when the fun starts.

loading.jpgloaded.jpgheading home.jpghome.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Do you have your axles already? If not, my $.02: I'm on board with Team Balljoint/Unit Bearing. I'm over dealing with lots of parts, grease, maintenance, etc. The newer axles (besides being more widely available) are just simpler and easier to deal with. :) There are other benefits too, like easy access to 1550 U-jointed shafts and less hub stickout. (on '05+ stuff)

Bart

Thanks for all the kind words and really appreciate you all. I like the newer axles too and am running an 07 SD in the front of my JK. I was thinking about going back to King Pins so I could get keyed high steer arms. Won't need to worry about that for about a month, because the JK is funding the new build and I can't sell it until after Winter 4x4.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
B2F8469F-C211-40CF-89E3-710F92255542.jpeg