Revised Stock Class OSRC Frame Rules

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
a point is tied to the frame or to the body because the body is tied to the frame all though tieing to the frame is perffered on cages of course, if i remember right they are not required but id check the rules again or talk to brian

Team1k

Found the stuff below in the rules that may answer the questions being asked.

so car has to be registered? yes? no? glass on course? yes? no?

Street Stock Class (license and registration required)

What was the final decision on cage's for the stock vehicles? 4point, 6point? What is considered a "point"?

as far as cages go: do i need a cage for street-stock? no, right?

1.95 Safety
1.95a A six point roll cage is recommended. A six point roll cage will be required in 2013.

B2-Bomber

so for street stock class i need a 6 point cage?

the irony is that when i was researching insurance companies for a stated value policy, every one of them said that a roll cage is what they use as a defining characteristic of a "non-stock" vehicle, and would not offer me a stated value policy on any vehicle with a roll cage.

Team1k

The safety rule i posted above came from the Street Stock Class portion of the rules so i would say yes.

so for street stock class i need a 6 point cage?

the irony is that when i was researching insurance companies for a stated value policy, every one of them said that a roll cage is what they use as a defining characteristic of a "non-stock" vehicle, and would not offer me a stated value policy on any vehicle with a roll cage.

Craig S

Commando
So does that allow a factory frame from another make/model vehicle to be used?
Example, my 46 cj2a has a 85 toyota frame. As long as wheelbase is within +/-3 of the cj2a, then it is legal for the stock class?

Thanks for the input on this issue. To clear up any confusion on the frame rule for stock, alternate frames are allowed as long as the stock wheelbase +- 3" is maintained.

B2-Bomber

Thanks again guys for revising rules to allow guys like me to run. I really wish I could be running this year. but after the collision with the hybrid it's bit anywhere near ready to compete :(