RIP-Paul Walker

B2-Bomber

What irony? This was a statistical probability. He was an avid driver/racer/enthusiast. If he was going to die...it was probably going to bee in a car

B2-Bomber

Make no mistake jeeper, he was a professional driver/racer primarily, and an actor secondarily . The only irony here is that he was a passenger at the time

But if you weren't aware of that, i guess i can see why you thought it was ironic. An otherwise non automotive actor, who starred in car movies, dying in a car crash.

that would be like Harrison Ford dying in a light-saber accident ...a bit ironic i guess

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Make no mistake jeeper, he was a professional driver/racer primarily, and an actor secondarily .

Where do you get that from? He was acting his entire life. I remember him from TV when he was young, we're about the same age. Certainly he was enthusiastic about cars, like a lot of alpha male actors, but that's a far cry from being mainly a pro driver/racer....

:confused:

EDIT: 29 movies since '99. That's "primarily an actor" heh. :D

Last edited:

B2-Bomber

Learn more about his personal life, you will see.

Regardless of what he had "been doing his entire life", i.e. acting. He still drove/raced more than he acted

He was a bit more legit than a mere "alpha male actor"

I'm sure you think that since Eric Bana had been In movies since the 90s too, that he too isn't a pro driver

Just like i'd wager that you don't believe actor Patrick Dempsey isn't a pro racer either... Just because he has f done a lot of acting.

No, no, you're right. These guys are merely alpha male actors.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I wouldn't classify either Paul Walker or Eric Bana as professional racers. Like most guys with a race car, they're high level hobby racers - it isn't (wasn't) paying their bills. Professional actors, amateur racers.

B2-Bomber

He was even sponsored by ohlins, etnies, hankook, brembo. And the list goes on. For his racing

Only pro racers get multi-national, multi-million dollar companies to sponsor them

B2-Bomber

Professional = you get paid to do it......PERIOD

I'm done arguing this. If you guys disagree, go ahead. But there is no data supporting your argument

Last edited:

Cherokeester

He was also somewhat accomplished in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He was in a movie called Into the Blue, amazing movie, well at least Jessica Alba was... anyway, he made a movie franchise, Fast and Furious, which created an entire sub-culture of ricer cars running around and getting in the way of my American muscle cars.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
The only thing I found was that he raced in one series and that his team had sponsorship. That's hardly professional driving and I don't see where he got paid to do it either. Patrick Dempsey had largely given up acting for racing, but whatever.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Paul was a really good guy, met him at Miller when he was out here for the LeMans race in 2007. Not the "best" actor around, but he was smart about not playing trashy roles and was a moral person. He will be missed, but he lived a pretty good life and gave back through his service to others.

DAA

Supporting Member
Ahhh... I think I know who he is now. Never watched any of those movies but I can place the face now with F&F.

- DAA

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
If he was a professional racer he should have known better than to be driving or riding that fast off the track.

I feel bad for both of their families but in my opinion this is Darwin award worthy