RIP-Paul Walker

sixstringsteve

I sure loved the fast and the furious franchise. It was definitely a guilty pleasure thing for me. I'm glad to hear that he did so much good with his life before passing. I wish his family the best.

sixstringsteve

here's a cool story of him I found in the news:

CNN confirmed one story from a decade ago when Walker noticed a young U.S. military veteran shopping with his fiance for a wedding ring in a Santa Barbara jewelry store.
"The groom was just back from duty in Iraq, and he was going to be deployed again soon and wanted to buy a wedding ring, but he said he just could not afford it," saleswoman Irene King told CNN. "I don't think the soldier realized how expensive those rings are, about $10,000."
Although Walker noticed them, the couple apparently did not know who he was, King said.
"Walker called the manager over and said, 'Put that girl's ring on my tab,' " she said. "Walker left all his billing info, and it was a done deal. The couple was stunned. She was thrilled and could not believe someone did this."
King called it "the most generous thing I have ever seen."

Cascadia

Undecided
My sister in law read me a quote of Paul Walkers that said something like, "if I die in a car crash someday don't cry. I died with a smile on my face doing what I loved."

My my favorite cheese line of his was, pockets ain't empty cuz!

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Are we on to jokes yet?

He was doing the stare an drive again..

I really enjoyed him as an actor.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Having never met him, his description based off public sources and run ins with fans, along with his contributions and charity would lead me to believe he was an honest and good person. It's unfortunate that he went out so soon, but at least he made a lot of positive things with his life before it ended.

roverrocks

paul-walker-fast-and-furious.jpg

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Having never met him, his description based off public sources and run ins with fans, along with his contributions and charity would lead me to believe he was an honest and good person. It's unfortunate that he went out so soon, but at least he made a lot of positive things with his life before it ended.

It's a shame that people like him are less popular, and that we get people like Miley that set the image for 'famous' folks. Our world would be completely different if we focused differently.

D

Deleted member 12904

Posted on facebook

Ballistic BJ Baldwin

Yeah this has been bothering me quite a bit. I was super bummed out when I heard the bad news. This just sucks.
I got the chance to hangout with #PaulWalker and Olivia Wilde in Baja in 2005.
I was a nobody and this was before I won any races or any Championships.
Paul wanted to go for a ride in the prerunner because he thought it was cool and I had always been a fan of his work so I was excited to introduce him and Olivia to our sport.
It was 9pm and it was total darkness. As soon as we dove off the highway into the dirt Paul started going nuts screaming "go go go". Olivia just thought she was going to die the whole time but she still had fun. Lol. We did about 80 miles of huge jumps, high speed sweeping turns, and big bumps. They loved it and were amazed at what the truck was capable of. They couldn't believe how smooth it rode and how fast it could go through the big bumps. Funny taking the highway on the way back to the hotel they both fell asleep in the prerunner. Lol. I couldn't believe I had two celebrities passed out in my truck. Lol
The year after I took him for a ride there was a trophy truck in the Fast and Furious movie. Good to know we had an impact. I thought that was awesome.
Despite being an incredibly successful actor Paul was a very humble guy. He was a Jiu Jitsu practitioner, an adventurer, and a motor head that loved fast cars as well as several different forms of motorsports. He was one of us. Super super cool with a great sense of humor. He was hilarious.
I really enjoyed my time with Paul and Olivia and I talked about it often so you could imagine how I felt about this. He was one of the coolest most down to earth guys I've ever met but I find comfort in the fact that he's in a better place now.
My prayers are with his family, his friends, his co-workers and his beloved fans. #ripPaulWalker @reachoutww @paulwalker

Attachments

• 996051_770227429659495_247219459_n.jpg
    996051_770227429659495_247219459_n.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 37

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
BJ Baldwin is a stand-up guy, IMO.

Agreed, other than hitting a dude in the pits this year and racing off :D That said I'm confident he was on his radios and his pit crew were taking care of the situation and told him just to concentrate on racing. Thankfully the gentleman was OK and BJ went on to win the race.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Agreed, other than hitting a dude in the pits this year and racing off :D That said I'm confident he was on his radios and his pit crew were taking care of the situation and told him just to concentrate on racing. Thankfully the gentleman was OK and BJ went on to win the race.

Wrong place at the wrong time... :greg:

D

Deleted member 12904

Deviant ; That's pretty cool that you got to meet him and open him up to the Off-road world. Could you imagine if he had gone out to the salt-flats or rockcrawlin. Im sure he would have dug the hell out of it.
There was a few other movies that I liked that he was in . 8 Below was nice to see him in a different setting and we cant forget Joy-Ride.

Oh Candy-cane, don't forget to bring the pink champagne .

That was bj Baldwin not me.

STAG

I'd be more excited about meeting Olivia Wilde. Just sayin.

But it wouldn't ever work out between us, she's vegan.

Last edited: