Other Region RME Car Cruise Cedar City to Spanish Fork 9/16 - 9/17

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm not installing a Burt Reynolds version Cobra in my car but have a handheld CB. Other people bringing FRS or just getting by with middle-finger signals?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My wife can't get away, I really don't want to run solo out from Colorado and back.... so I won't make it. Sorry guys, I was really looking forward to this one.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
That sucks Greg, I was hoping you could make it. I saw a few min of video the other day on youtube of highway 12 and it got me all pumped up for it! I guess it is just Chance, Marc and myself. Anyone wants to join I would love to have you with us.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Just finished the kitchen last night. I'm 100% in and will be driving down to meet in Cedar at 9 on Sat. morning if anyone wants to join me (have a seat or two in the car or run alongside/behind).

Hwy12-trip.PNG

y3mSDgek_694TzpAYxXw74m8jBTaVp0t_rT2Yd-fSkJwuYluHlUj6LLVr5bl-YLKH_WFzw-ICOJGEsFxQPIM0nw0meRNgKk0-PAHwxJPEp0sls8OorYH0PJ2cp_iuhUopjoUx6b2cL_OjC1WNVEf788krN8i1wrV-1VntQccsIXnr8

Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Dang that is a good looking car.

Thanks! I've really grown to like it a lot. It's actually kind of big. Not quite '60-70s Bonneville-ish but just smaller than mid-90s Bonneville-ish. It fits my family well, runs to work pretty economically and will get downright ornery running up an on-ramp. The 6.0L has a TON of potential to be insane if you want to make it a toy. I about got killed in it the other day. For SURE the car was dead. Someone coming into my lane (west bound I-80 about 11th East) at speed and I just accelerated into the hammer lane without looking (that was the dumb thing) to get away but that got me thinking if something happened to this car, what would I snag to replace it. I like it enough I think I'd find another one.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Had a great time Saturday, I couldn't get enough of seeing the front of Marcs car in the mirror... that thing looked just plain sick going through the corners. I will get some pics posted up in the next couple days and do a trip report.

mbryson

Supporting Member
It was a great time. I left the house at 5:15am and got back at about 6:30 pm. My car has potential that it will likely never se with me but it's an impressive ride in a lot of ways.

it was fun to compare the turbo lightweight Hyandai as it carved through the corners while I really had to drive mine a bit to keep up. I can't make the corners as well, but the big V8 can catch right up after the corner apex. Fantastic colors from the road and the fall. We ran into a spot of igneous rock above Cedar City that we were all surprised by. Great day!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I really missed out, sounds like you guys had a good time! Wish I could have compared the little diesel Jetta to the Veloster!

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I did manage to pull 30 mpg from Cedar City home, that is the best it has ever done. The Veloster is pretty fun, it runs the corners like a beast, its not a power house, I weighed it last night and it sits right at 3000 lbs with a full tank of gas and with 201 hp its right at 15 lbs per hp. The 7 speed duel clutch tranny work pretty good, and in sport mode you get full shift control until red line. The Hyundai warranty is where it is though, 6/60000 did it for me.