RME race GoPro thread

djgardner

Nice start DJ. You got edged out on that start by a sand bagging team racer. I turned my GoPro on right after the riders meeting but forgot to start it, so I have no video. I will have to put something together from Jacks.

LOL...Jake Zink and some team riders got me. And there are some fast dudes that run the team race...way faster than me at least. Jake Zink has really stepped it up this year, and is riding really fast (or I'm slower this year...which isn't out of the question). Last year he and I battled a lot...so I was surprised to see him ride away from me off the start like that (of course, he absolutely HAULS on the fast open stuff, so maybe I shouldn't be), and I purposely backed it down in an effort to not get arm pump (which worked).

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
LOL...Jake Zink and some team riders got me. And there are some fast dudes that run the team race...way faster than me at least. Jake Zink has really stepped it up this year, and is riding really fast (or I'm slower this year...which isn't out of the question). Last year he and I battled a lot...so I was surprised to see him ride away from me off the start like that (of course, he absolutely HAULS on the fast open stuff, so maybe I shouldn't be), and I purposely backed it down in an effort to not get arm pump (which worked).

Jake is fast until he hits the ground.....which seems to happen alot. The team racer on the Suzuki is Carson Giles and he is easily a top 5 expert....especially since he came in off the first loop in about 12th overall from the Am line. I wish I would have had my camera on since a first year expert came flying across the front of myself, Josh Knight and Cory Pincock and just about took us all out. I would like to see the replay of that.

djgardner

Jake is fast until he hits the ground.....which seems to happen alot. The team racer on the Suzuki is Carson Giles and he is easily a top 5 expert....especially since he came in off the first loop in about 12th overall from the Am line. I wish I would have had my camera on since a first year expert came flying across the front of myself, Josh Knight and Cory Pincock and just about took us all out. I would like to see the replay of that.

I've noticed a lot of FAST expert riders are running the team races...do you know if there a specific reason for it? Or are they just not interested in racing the long motos any more? Giles hauls! I'm not surprised he's was up to 12th overall by the end of the first loop. There were several other team riders that blew by me like I was standing still...and my ego was always glad to see the Red numbers and white back grounds (then I don't feel as bad).

My worst fear is getting cleaned out on the start of a race...I'm glad that worked out for you and you didn't get hurt.

I've got some great footage of 1T having what could have been a NASTY get off (but ended up being a pretty easy one)...I have no idea how he didn't destroy himself or his bike (he pinned it, rather than hit the brakes is all I can think of). I thought I was going to be helping an injured rider...and he got up, gave me the thumbs up and then passed me back a few miles later. I'll post it up with the rest of my footage when I get more time to edit it down, it was nuts.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I can't post it here, but there is a video I shared on my wall of the expert start from TJ Hannifin's GoPro. You can see my close call at the banners.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Jake Zink is who I waited for a helicopter with at the Rhino Rally, he got knocked out in a crash after we had battled a while and he got out in front of me. seems like a great kid glad to see hes doing good.

I dont think Ill ever quit being scared of the starts....Its like an all out adrenalin surge to the first corner, then just another long fun, fast trail ride to the end.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Here is my boys video from the Sage Riders mini race. He had a great battle going on until he hit a rock that bent his chain guide and caused his chain to come off.

[video=youtube;C8LZEUaUm7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8LZEUaUm7A&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Cascadia

Undecided
Awesome race! You could tell he was just ready to strike on any mistake that kid made.
Idiots need to stay off the course during a race!

djgardner

^^ Is that a new bike to you?

I bought it in July of 2012 (with literally less than 5 hours on it...it was spotless)...so I've had it a while. It was white all last season...and this season its blue (Acerbis plastics are cheaper than a new bike)...

Next season I hope to be riding an Orange bike...with only two strokes...and 300 cc's...and an electric start. But we'll see about that...I REALLY like this 09 YZ450, and its all set up for desert racing (stab, rekluse, suspension revalved, body armor, etc.)...so I might keep it a few more years...

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Here is a small clip from Jack's GoPro from Milestone MX today. This step up is close to 90' to the top where he landed.

[video=youtube_share;sBOIsYFw3gk]http://youtu.be/sBOIsYFw3gk[/video]

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I am going to revive this thread with with a non race video. Only you pilot types will probably find this interesting. A good friend of ours....the people who you see pictures of us helping on their cattle ranch has a small piece of property in an area along the Green River in Eastern Utah that is pretty remote. It is the only piece of private property in Desolation Canyon and if it were up to the BLM and enviromentalists, they would not own it. The only way to get in is by floating the river, horse or plane. In the video, we make one stop on top of the Tavaputs Plateau where they summer some of their herd and run a guest ranch. From there we take off and drop into Rock Creek, which runs to Desolation Canyon where their private property is. The elevation change from these 2 points is deeper than the Grand canyon, being almost a mile in elevation change.

I have been down there on horse back and as you can see from the terrain, it is one hell of ride. Now I can add flying in to my experience. I made this video from my GoPro that we stuck to the wing of the plane.

[video]https://youtu.be/Xcwtzb6wJaw[/video]

I don't know why it will not embed like the previous videos.

djgardner

Here is my Firebirds Helmet cam...the first little bit of the race anyway. I've been working on the technical stuff with Tyson, so I felt really good about the first loop...I need to work on my fitness (well, riding loose, more likely) because the 2nd loop was UGLY! (way to ugly to put on the internet.) lol

[video=youtube;VnyMgrc4_xo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnyMgrc4_xo[/video]