Report RME Trip to Colorado; 21 Road and Billings Canyon

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
What a great group! What a great trip! What great trails! Thanks, Greg, for taking the time to show us the way, running the entire time taking pictures and posting the report! Looking forward to checking out more trails in the area. Rock Junction is definitely in my sights.

I have video of Glen on the big ledge in Billings. Let me see if I can get it posted.

It was so much fun for me Jason, I was glad to be along for the ride!

Greg

It was good to meet you. Thanks for being our guide and for all of the great photos. Seeing the photos may be just enough to get some more of our Moab friend interested in running these trails.

Glen

Hey Glen, it was good to meet you too... loved watching that YJ climb everything in it's way! Sounds like a great trip in the making! Send them over, I think there are enough differences in these trails from most Moab trails that they won't be bored!

Man I should have been on this trip!!!

Moab was a blast but crowded.

We talked about you... :p Sorry you missed out, guess we'll have to plan another 21 Road / Billings Canyon RME trip. :greg:

Pile of parts

Here's Glen on the Billings ledge. Making it look easy...like he did all weekend!

[video=vimeo;216427608]https://vimeo.com/216427608[/video]

[video=vimeo;216428421]https://vimeo.com/216428421[/video]

Badbuggy

rock star
It was great seeing you guys on the trail. Perfect timing to show the land managers what this is all about. Maybe I can wheel with you guys next time, and I hope to see you all at Rock Junction.

metalry101

R/C addict
Looks like you had a great time! Great to see this information on the trails. My parents moved to Fruita a couple years ago and I've been wanting to go wheel down there since. One of these days I'll have to drive my Jeep while the family takes a different vehicle so I can actually do it!

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Man I should have been on this trip!!!

Moab was a blast but crowded.

Yes Moab was VERY crowded, there was a Bronco event going on, a ton of UTVs everywhere, dirt bikes, mountain bikes, and lots of Jeepers. Lots of people going off trail, no camping sites which led to large groups camping wherever they felt like. When we went to run Metal Masher it got bumper to bumper in one area. Maybe we need to go look at the trails in Colorado. On metal masher a guy left his jeep at the bottom of an obstacle with a blown drive line and it made it difficult to do the ledge. I did have to feel for one out of state Jeeper his very nice rig caught fire just before the Gold Bar trail start and his Jeep had to hauled off on a trailer.

Asbjorn

Greg, you summed up the trip perfectly! Thank you so much for showing us around - we had a great time, and look forward to visiting again in the near future. These trails were a nice change of pace from the Moab wheeling (and crowds) I've become accustomed to!

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Yes Moab was VERY crowded, there was a Bronco event going on, a ton of UTVs everywhere, dirt bikes, mountain bikes, and lots of Jeepers. Lots of people going off trail, no camping sites which led to large groups camping wherever they felt like. When we went to run Metal Masher it got bumper to bumper in one area. Maybe we need to go look at the trails in Colorado. On metal masher a guy left his jeep at the bottom of an obstacle with a blown drive line and it made it difficult to do the ledge. I did have to feel for one out of state Jeeper his very nice rig caught fire just before the Gold Bar trail start and his Jeep had to hauled off on a trailer.

Also Cruise Moab was in town for the Toyota crowd.

Bart

Awesome report and pics. Thanks for sharing. I've wheeled with Glen a number of times and he is a great driver with an amazing rig. Got to meet Chris last fall helping with the support station at the Moab Trail Marathon. He and Charlene and very nice and his XJ looks very capable. Too bad about the damage to the driver door. And of course the talent of Carl, Jason, and Mike goes without saying, and they are so fun to run trails with. All the times I've been to Montrose I have never stopped to run 21 Road or Billings. They are on my bucket list for sure.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
They are on my bucket list for sure.

Ok, the chance to wheel with you and Marc again makes this trip a priority.

Greg, let us know when another good time to go is. Sept/Oct?

side note: Many of you know my wife, on Saturday she drove Pritchett with out needing a strap or winch (skipped the rock pile)... :D Pretty dang proud of her, :D