RMR raceway

RogueJeepr

Here!
Looks like 2018 will be the last year for Rocky Mountain Raceways.
I herd through an employee that they were building another track across 21st So . Probably a rumor but who knows ? Anyone know any other info ???
It would be cool to see it stick around. I've been going there since a kid when it was Bonneville raceways.
I remember my dad backing his truck right up by the wall in the oval to watch the drag race's. Sitting in lawn chairs in the bed of the truck. Good times watching cars fly by just a few feet away .

Also whatever happened with Miller's ? Did the sale go thru or not ?

Tonkaman

They announced the new track last year, but it was mostly blowing smoke to spark interest. From what I hear attendance from racers has plummeted since announcing the closure.

Pile of parts

Yep, I believe it's the 50 yr anniversary and the last year. Not sure what will happen? I believe Young Automotive Group owns RMR now but not sure what their intentions are.

lhracing

I have been racing (Drag) at RMR for as long as it has been RMR and even before. 2018 will be RMR's last year and there are no plans as of now for the Young automotive group to build a new track. Because of this I sold my car mid season last year and retired from racing.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I have been racing (Drag) at RMR for as long as it has been RMR and even before. 2018 will be RMR's last year and there are no plans as of now for the Young automotive group to build a new track. Because of this I sold my car mid season last year and retired from racing.

The '66 went away? :(

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Yep, I believe it's the 50 yr anniversary and the last year. Not sure what will happen? I believe Young Automotive Group owns RMR now but not sure what their intentions are.
They sold the property 5 years ago and had a 5 year leas agreement with the new owners that would take them thru the the 50th anniversary with no option for renewal.