Rock Junction 2012

Badbuggy

rock star
We are gathering trip leaders for the trails now. But I expect Calimity Mesa, the Windmill loop, Billings, 21 Road ( as far as possible). We are still working on which days, and which trails. It is going to be a great time for sure.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Wed and Thur are questionable if i can make it, but friday sounds like i can make it work. Can you post up the days and trails that will be ran when they are finalized? Or just pm me that info.Thanks

Badbuggy

rock star
Here is how the trails break down:

1.Stock, up to 33 inch tires. Scenic trips, mostly county roads, and two track with little chance of body damage. Bring your camera, good chance of wildlife and great views.

2. 33-35 inch tires for full body vehicles, back country exploration, unmaintained , two track with washouts, and switchbacks, slight chance of body damage, or brush pin stripes, but not likely. Windmill Loop, Pace Lake, Calimity Mesa, and a few more, will be the trails considered for this group.

3. 35-37 inch tires with lockers and some armor. These will be mostly trails with some 2 track. Body damage is still not likely but it could happen. Rangely, 21 Road, Billings canyon.

4. 39 and up inch tires, full body rigs, most of these are street legal to a point. (and there may be a split of street legal, and buggy style full bodies.) 50/50 on body damage as these will be the trails of Montrose, Rangely, and Grand Junction, and maybe BFE.

5. Buggies, we would like to see 39 inch tires and up on hardcore buggies. 100% chance of body damage. Montrose, Rangely, Grand Junction, and Area BFE. Trailered rigs with big axles, and good roll cages, full harness, (and maybe helmets). This is the group that you have seen in CRAWL magazine for the last two years of Rock Junction. Bring your camera, but it will be the vehicles in your pictures.

All of these trails will be subject to change, due to weather, but we have some plan B stuff. We would also like to see a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, and extra parts for every vehicle, and a CB radio would be a great help in the smaller tired groups.

We are thinking that you can drop down to the group below your rig, but not up.

Last edited:

Badbuggy

rock star
got any onfo on these trails(Calimity Mesa, the Windmill loop) like the location?

Sure, and I have some vendor info as well for the Offroad Show. Booth space is $50.00 for the day, Saturday June 2nd.

Most of these trails are to the South of GJ. Windmill loop is in Bangs Canyon, in incircles Billings Canyon and starts and ends at the Bangs Canyon Staging Area.

Badbuggy

rock star
Here is the shirt design for the Offroad Show/ Rock Junction, once again, it is designed by Shelby.
shirt-offroad-show20125.jpg