RockGARDEN workparty this weekend!! Sept 21st

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Originally posted by Ryan
Okay, one more shot---

Is the FS going to be there?

Not that I know of......we are coordinating it with them but I don't think they will be there. Maybe one of the trail patrol guys will be, but that's it. (They are on our side anyway).

EZ

Ryan

Originally posted by EZRhino

Not that I know of......we are coordinating it with them but I don't think they will be there. Maybe one of the trail patrol guys will be, but that's it. (They are on our side anyway).

EZ

Cool. The FS girl that was up there with us last time(Jen???) told me she works every weekend on patrol up there, just sitting at the rockgarden all day. She seemed pretty cool.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I'm assuming this will be on saturday??? I'm flying in rather late on friday night, but I'm up for heading over on saturday morning.

Someone posted something about a friend in PC??? It wouldn't be terribly far out of my way to stop in and pick them up. It would be ideal if I could meet them in kimball jct.

I have a winch, I have a snatch block, i have a chainsaw, I have a 15' chain, i have a couple of clevii (sp?). I can also bring a couple of shovels, a digging stick and maybe a couple of extra sets of gloves.

If it is not on saturday, make sure you post that.

Yes, it will be saturday.

My friend is going to snag a rental and meet me in Draper, but thanks!!!!!

Oakley, cool. Drove through there last saturday. Wish I could talk my wife into moving there.

You gonna head up through Midway?

Brett

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
Don't know if I have to work yet saturday. If I don't I'll be there with an extra set of hands and possibly some nice and hefty pry bars for rolling rocks.

demon jeep

Banned
Ill be there just got work off for the hole weekend. Ill tell you what, mother nature ows me on, I have the on call shift for two weeks now. Ill bring the wench, chain saw, and other goodies. I also have one seat in the jeep if any one needs a ride.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Nuber
Yes, it will be saturday.

My friend is going to snag a rental and meet me in Draper, but thanks!!!!!

Oakley, cool. Drove through there last saturday. Wish I could talk my wife into moving there.

You gonna head up through Midway?

Brett

I didn't think about heading up over the mountain until you mentioned it. I'll have to check my maps to see if I know what routes i need to take to get over the mountain. From PC, I assume I would go up over guardsman pass, then where???

Either way, if you don't see me at 9am at tibble, I will meet up with you guys at the rock garden.

looking forward to it!!!!!

jd

Originally posted by BlackSheep

I didn't think about heading up over the mountain until you mentioned it. I'll have to check my maps to see if I know what routes i need to take to get over the mountain. From PC, I assume I would go up over guardsman pass, then where???

Either way, if you don't see me at 9am at tibble, I will meet up with you guys at the rock garden.

looking forward to it!!!!!

jd

From the golf course in Midway, (by the Homestead) you want to go on the left (south) side. The right side (north) takes you to Guardsman Pass. The left side takes you to Cascade Springs / Mineral Basin. Once you are up on the mountain, near the top, I think there is a sign pointing left to Cascade Springs, you want to go right.

BLH

Now why would I want to help block my favorite part of the trail! :D
But I guess if you twist my arm I might make it there!

Ryan

It now appears as though I may be a little late tomorrow. I guess my wife is hiking Timp tonight and may not get back until after 9:00 tomorrow morning. Not sure yet though.