roll cage mounted hunting stand?

airmanwilliams

ok so I am visiting my brother in law in arizona for thanksgiving and he and I went out coyote hunting and thought of a hunting stand that can mount on top of a roll cage on the samurai. Has anyone seen any mounts that go in the back of pickups? I saw one at one time but cant find it again. I would really in the future like to be able to drive out somewhere mount the stand on top of the rear cage and throw camo netting over the samurai and call in coyotes or other animals.

Do you guys think many people might buy this mount if I was to modify one to mount to a rear cage?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
There is usually a couple of hunting rigs at SEMA somewhat like what you describe, this is Toyota's recent prototype:

tundra-sportsman-edition.jpg

Others from Google:

jan04_01.gif

Camo%20Jeep.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

airmanwilliams

thank you for those. I actually found that tundra one while searching the idea. I really like the jeep one alot but think I will see if I can make one alittle smaller that you can have in the back of the samurai or jeep until you get out to your spot and then mount it up there.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Most states including Utah don't allow hunting from a vehicle or shooting from a vehicle so the market maybe smaller than you think it is

Utah Code
23-20-3
(k) take any wildlife from an airplane or any other airborne vehicle or device or any motorized terrestrial or aquatic vehicle, including snowmobiles and other recreational vehicles;

There are exceptions but for the most part that is why you don't see these in Utah

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Most states including Utah don't allow hunting from a vehicle or shooting from a vehicle so the market maybe smaller than you think it is

Utah Code
23-20-3
(k) take any wildlife from an airplane or any other airborne vehicle or device or any motorized terrestrial or aquatic vehicle, including snowmobiles and other recreational vehicles;

There are exceptions but for the most part that is why you don't see these in Utah

This is what I thought, But I didnt have the code, Thanks for that.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
Maybe I'm totally wrong but what defines aquatic vehicle? Wouldn't that be a boat? Would that make fishing and duck hunting illeagle?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
There are exceptions for birds

Use of boats, and airborne
and land vehicles
50 CFR 20.21(e), Utah Code § 23-20-3 and Utah Admin. Rule R657-9-10
You may use a boat or motorized aquatic vehicle
to hunt waterfowl if you obey the following rules:
• Migratory game birds may not be taken from
any motorboat, or craft that has a motor
attached to it, unless the motor has been
completely shut off and the motorboat or craft
has stopped moving.
• Migratory game birds may not be taken from
a sailboat unless the boat’s sails are furled and
the boat has stopped moving.
You may use any of these crafts under power to
retrieve dead or crippled birds, but you may
not shoot crippled birds from a craft if its motor is
still running.
Also, you may not use any of the crafts listed
above, or any type of motor-driven land, water or air
transportation, to concentrate, drive, rally or stir up
migratory birds.

Another exception is for handicap

an individual validly licensed to hunt who is a paraplegic, or otherwise permanently disabled so as to be permanently confined to a wheelchair or the use of crutches, may be authorized to hunt from a vehicle under terms and conditions specified by the Wildlife Board.

As far as I understand it (not even close to a lawyer or one that claims to understand law) is that you can't shoot any other game (ie deer) from a boat.