Rot Box’s Superduty

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Heck ya I’ll keep an eye out. I heard there’s a hot rod theme restaurant in bear lake now that’s pretty cool. Might have to check it out while you’re over there.

I think the Bear Lake run is the Friday event? A drive through Logan Canyon with my sloppy handling, manual steering, gas sucking beast (possibly overheating?) ? Honestly, I'll probably work Friday (remotely---and sort of :D)

I just checked and it's not Wednesday that's the poker run, it's Thursday. I'll leave you a couple stripes on 455 E down your way on Thursday. :D (not significant ones... BFG are $)

Beach Boys on Thursday
Sock Hop on Friday (that's a thing? I wonder how many folks participating have a dislocated hip or ankle or knee injuries? Sock hop folks are getting a bit aged themselves. I'll stand on the sidelines having a few swigs from my denim jacket)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Maiden voyage with the roof top went amazingly well. It’s an Autana 4 by Tepui/Thule. I watched a few videos on how to set it up and take it down—a little more to it than my last one but not bad. I did not put up the annex as there was just two of us so no need.

My quick review and first impressions… The tent is basically brand new there were no signs of use at all. The cover kinda sucks. It’s stiff as a board, fits very tight and I don’t know if it’s the norm nowadays but it zips on with a zipper. Everything has to be about perfect for it to work. I’m afraid I’m going to fight it in the winter when everything is cold and frozen we’ll see.

Quality seems really good. Size says it’s four person but I’m thinking it’s more like a comfortable three. Setup on the truck was not difficult but I did need to use my expo crate (aka milk crate) because the zipper was hard to reach in places no biggie.

Good times though! My son and I loaded up our gear and then we hit the road. Went up a nearby canyon and found one of my favorite spots by ‘The River’ 😎

IMG_3557.jpeg

IMG_3560.jpeg

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Hey fellas!

I need to charge my two deep cycle batteries while driving but isolate them when the truck is off…. Anyone care to walk me though a dummy proof way of doing that reliably and for not a ton of money? I’ve probably asked this before so please forgive me if I didn’t pay attention the first go around haha and sorry if I’m beating a dead horse 😂

All I power off these batteries is my fridge, cpap (I’m old now and don’t breath at night lol) and charge phones etc.. not a ton lot of load.

I have a 40watt DC to DC charger sitting here but I’m not sure if I’m on the right track with that or not.
IMG_3763.jpegIMG_3768.jpeg

Pile of parts

I wired up a truck to just that, only with a camper. Needed it to charge the camper battery while driving but not drain the truck battery when camping. It was pretty easy but long enough ago... Google battery isolator.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
So shortly after buying Tinky I joined FTE (ford truck enthusiasts). A dude I don’t know aside from his username has helped me a LOT with some of the issues I’ve had over the years when I’d post up about them.

Well the same dude started making shift knobs out of various types of wood and he sent me one free of charge! It started out as firewood—an oak log found at a random camp spot in Georgia…

Just thought I’d share how cool it is that someone I’ve never met would take the time to make one of these for me (my Dorman shift knob was trashed after only a few weeks) and not ask anything in return 😎

IMG_3930.jpegIMG_3928.jpeg

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Dang, winter is right around the corner and my battery cables are corroded well beyond saving.

These kits are nice but the price is up there…. Buy or build? 2/0 gauge cable and all the lugs aren’t cheap might be money well spent to just buy. It gets really cold up here and 7.3’s just love the cold starts lol. What route would you guys go?