Rubicon Express YJ sprung-over springs

Caleb

I am interested in this too. I might try them on my bros Jeep when he gets home (from his mission) or I might just do stock front waggys front and rear...

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Yeah, I have heard those are some of the best springs for spring over's on YJ's. A buddy of mine is swapping those onto his YJ when it gets a bit warmer.

sticks

2012 JKU
I was having a lot of axle wrap after doing a the spring over so put on set of the rubcon express springs took care of the axle wrap. :) :) :)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
sticks said:
I was having a lot of axle wrap after doing a the spring over so put on set of the rubcon express springs took care of the axle wrap. :) :) :)
yup! we used these on my brothers YJ and they really took care of the axle wrap. Good springs, I am thinking of using them on the front of my Jeep.

Josh75CJ5

Trailer Trash
I have em on the trailer park rig but it isnt done and i havent wheeled it yet so i dont know if like em. but they look cool

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
When I do my spring over I want to either go this route or extend the wheelbase a bit with some Waggy springs.

I'm still debating. But the springover won't happen until after my mission. I've got two years to decide.

sticks

2012 JKU
All in all, is it worth it?
My YJ has only seen some road mlies so far as it is not trail ready yet. That being said, for me they were/are well worth the expense. before I installed those, I was looking at having to make or buy some sort of anti-wrap device, the axle wrap was so bad that backing out of the garage you wondered if some thing was going to break. The rubicon springs completely solved the axle wrap. :) :)

Last edited:

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
sticks said:
My YJ has only seen some road mlies so far as it is not trail ready yet. That being said, for me they were/are well worth the expense. before I installed those, I was looking having to make or buy some sort of anti-wrap device, the axle wrap was so bad that backing out of the garage you wondered if some thing was going to break. The rubicon springs completely solved the axle wrap. :) :)

How big is your Jeep. I am also still debating if I want to run 35's or 37's. Would you have a huge gap between the fenderwell and the tire if I ran 35's?

Don't they also just sell the stock YJ springs (not the 1.5" lift) for spring overs? Or would those only be able to fit 33's?

Thanks.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
tweakeyjeep said:
Maybe you should think before you speak... Does he have lift shackles... Body lift, what else is there besides suspension.

ok, he has a spring over its red and has alloy wheels and a gray hard top :p

sticks

2012 JKU
I am runnig 35" tires with the TJ flares(which required the fenders to be cutout) to have enough clearance. the front axle has also been moved forward 1". :)

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
sticks said:
I am runnig 35" tires with the TJ flares(which required the fenders to be cutout) to have enough clearance. the front axle has also been moved forward 1". :)

Cool, thats almost exactly how I want mine setup when I go SOA.