Rubicon Trail ???'s

Cascadia

Undecided
I was thinking about taking a trip to th Rubicon later this summer but I know nothing about it. How tough of a trail is it? Is breakage expected and what kind of breakage? Is anyone else planning a trip for this year? Any info would be great.

scootrrydr

We are hitting the Rubicon on August 12th.
6 Jeeps! First time for all of us....
Done most all of the trails in Moab over and over so it just makes sense to run the Rubicon....
jeepjamboreeusa.com
Check it out!

EROK81?

Sell out
I did it with a spring under and only a lock right in the rear along with my dad with a defender and not locked. I believe I had 35's and he had 33's at the time.

No breakage except for loose u-bolts at the end and I ran out of gas. We went before the Jeep Jamboree so it apparently was harder. From what I've seen of yours I doubt you'd have a problem.

Very fun trail.

Disclaimer: I did it about 10 years ago so now it could be like driving to the moon for all I know.

ID Bronco

It's not that tough, but you can make it harder by hitting Little Sluice and a few other spots. It is a classic trail that serenades you with its scenery and wildlife. (saw my first Blacktail deer) It really was an awesome time for me. Take your time and enjoy it.

EROK81?

Sell out
We did it in one day. It made for a long day and wasn't as fun as it could have been over a couple days. I'd definitely suggest doing it over a couple of days. Next time I run it, that's what I'll do.

brikar

rubicon is a classic....a must do for anyone thinking they are a wheeler. As mentioned it is not overly difficult, however it is pretty constant and as with any trail mechanical failure can and does happen. We have taken open vehicles with 33 inch tires and have done fine however those of us who have lockers make everything much easier. Do some research and you need to plan a lot more than in Moab, you have camping, food, gas, meeting locations and travel times to them, fire permits and general preparedness to take into account. All the planning is actually fun because it makes you get way pumped up about it. Suggestion chose a starting point and run the trail both ways over a 3 day period, spend some time at Buck Island and or Rubicon Springs, relax and do not be in a hurry and it will be awesome. Also look at other trails in the area, Deer Valley, Strawberry, HellHole, Barrett....great scenery and fun trails. Get a couple of other vehicles and enjoy!!!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I just ran it last week. we took our time & spent 3 days on the trail, what a blast!
we went all the way to the top of cadillac hill & then back the way we came. you definitely want to be prepared. Im sure the time of year that you go plays a factor in the difficulty level. there was quite a bit of water (run-off) while we were there. so there were muddy spots & deep crossings (one crossing the water topped my 42's). my buddy was driving a rubi on 35's he did just fine, he was able to get around or negotiate through everything he wanted to.
awesome trail!