Rumored new trail @ 5 mile ?

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Can you get me a GPS Coord to the trail head , or where exactly it starts off rattlesnake.

Myself and a few buddy's would like to check it out. Most of them are on 35's locked f/r with winches. I would be the smallest with 33's , rear locker a bunch of armor and winch.

I'm sure it will become more official soon, but as of right now we are still in the development stages and are only taking groups of built rigs thru it to gather feedback and constructive criticism (most of which are my close friends that are known as seasoned wheelers). We have taken rigs with as little as 37's with dual lockers most of the way thru it, but the majority of us run 40's and link suspension. We have received some feedback already that we need to take care of first and foremost. I'm sure it will travel within our wheel community fast (we all know trail talk can be hard on the internet or misinterpreted). I'm trying to take groups thru and discuss the history of the mining road and how we found each of the obstacles, I've also been trying to pass on ground rules for the trail so that it gets run the right way.... so when your time comes it will most like be at the right time thru someone that knows the trail and all the details of it.

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
^^^^^ of course them pics don't do it justice, but you get the idea....

There’s a few things out there I would watch out for… the area got it name for a few reasons!!!
snake on sidewinder.jpgspider on sidewinder.jpgscorpion on sidewinder trail.jpg

Last edited:

sabatoa1

I am running 35" stickies, locked front and rear, with dual t-cases, fully caged buggy, and I can not make all obstacles. I am sure Jinxspot will have a trail opening run once all of the final touches are done.

Tom95YJ

Tom @ Artec
That's for posting pics I think that would be a trail I would be a passenger on since it is far past my rigs capabilities !

I guess I will have to build my stock 89 YJ to handle that instead of doing a 2.5" lift and 31's on it. I should have kept my 95 Yj

Evolved

Less-Known Member
We had the opportunity to run Sidewinder with Jinxspot (Ryan) and a few others today. It is gnarly for sure! comparing it to constrictor is not a fair comparison at all, it is much harder. I would call it a Coyote Canyon with a few large ledges or a chainsaw in Delta. The more people that run it the harder it's going to get and all of the loose sand and rocks are an added challenge. Definitely a good one for sure!

It was a great run. I think the way we ran it should be the route, then miss that section towards rattlesnake all together and head up and out that other way.

But just my opinion. Still was a great day even tho my rig wasn't there.

blznnp

I'm trying to take groups thru and discuss the history of the mining road and how we found each of the obstacles, I've also been trying to pass on ground rules for the trail so that it gets run the right way.
I would love to have a trail guide like that. Being new to utah and to the offroad scene, I have lots to learn still and like you have stated that snakes has a fair amount of bypasses due to people who don't have as capable of rigs, it would be cool to know the real trail and how they go. Course I don't think my rig is anywhere near ready to go on this trail.